Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air con comressor

THE_DUDE_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
I got quoted about $1000 for a new compressor installed on my VT 5L from my local auto-elec, claiming 600 of that was for the compressor alone, is that about right? i can't find any on eBay to compare price with. bloody VT 5L parts aren't easy to find.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i just bought a brand new aircon compressor off ebay last week 4 $349 that also came with new drier and o rings but also free shipping n thats wat sealed the deal 4 me. They r easy as 2 installl urself i found that the drier was the hardest thing lol coz u had 2 take out ur grills 2 get it in there rather than the whole bar :p

slipperypizza is the ebay dude.

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
where you located. theres a fella on boostcruising selling compessors new for 365. fits and gasses for 565. pretty sure hes on ebay too. brisbane areas

thanks, think i found that same guy on ebay, going to fit new compressor etc and gas mine this tues for $550

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yep thats him. hes doing my uncles car and mine when i have the supercharger off

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
got mine done today, $550 installed and gas'ed , he does brissy , gold coast , and ipswich for anyone interested

kalu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hi guys

is it eay to take the air compressor out? i know how to take the engine belt out.......

haw many bolts are holding the compressor and are they all in the front side of the compressor?

any bolts or nuts holding the unit in the rear part of the compressor?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
3 bolts from memory, 2 at the front and 1 at the side easy as really 1nc the drive belts off, then its just a matter of disconnecting the aircon piping.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
But make sure you have had the system degassed first. It is illegal for you to allow the gas into the atmosphere, not to mention dangerous.

vtwagonjoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
I got the compressor replaced recently.

$590 for genuine Holden compressor, gas, and labor.