Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Con Isuue

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive MY06
Hi all,

My Air con seems to have died. When I turn the dial to 1, 2, 3 or 4 it just doen't come on. I need to give the dial a strong tap in the centre of it to get it to work. Sometimes quite a few taps. It only will work on 1 or 4, not 2 or 3 which is weird. Could this be a simple loose connection or worse. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Could possibly be a loose connection. Have u checked the A/C relay inside the fuse box in the eng bay? might be abit loose.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
sounds like the fan speed dial on your A/C cabin controls. tapping the dial to get it going means its buggard, or like said maybe a loose wire directly behind this dial.

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds like the fan speed dial on your A/C cabin controls. tapping the dial to get it going means its buggard, or like said maybe a loose wire directly behind this dial.

Thanks PaulSV6, I checked out the relay and it's fine. HoldenVTman seem to be right....it's buggard and loose wire means pulling the whole blimpkin dash apart just to get behind the dial to check. Job for my Holden dealer by the looks of things and big $$$$ to be spent.
Just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this problem?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
as mentioned above check the connection, & if your switch is buggered, let me know as ive got a temp grey switch that you can have at a price. ive upgraded my console to black now so i dont need a grey a/c switch. PM if your interested.

Cheers

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
No worries mate.

You dont have to take it to Holden, to check for a loose wire. Its piss easy to do urself.

Have a read:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-remove-dash-center-console-vy-vz.60145

Thanks again PaulSV6 but mate you must be joking it's piss easy. You practically got to tear out the whole centre console and the radio assembly which you need the special tool that I don't have and then rip out the centre trim assembly which even with the great info you've provided I'd end up breaking something and for me looks way too complicated. Basically I'm too chicken to try :(

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
nothing ventured nothing gained )

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry mate, ive dont it that many times it comes second nature to me.
With the radio removal tools, you see where the holes are on each side of the radio shape 2 pieces of wire with a slight hook at each end to engage the clip inside the holes.

If ur having second thoughtsthen tae t to Holden.

tigerpm7

Gotta love the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry mate, ive dont it that many times it comes second nature to me.
With the radio removal tools, you see where the holes are on each side of the radio shape 2 pieces of wire with a slight hook at each end to engage the clip inside the holes.

If ur having second thoughtsthen tae t to Holden.

You know what, I will give it a go. I noticed on the manual it shows the model with climate control. Mine is an exec with the 3 dials. Is it exactly the same to remove? Would coat hanger wire be good enough or should I get thicker?