Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag beeps

simso

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
Anyone know the process for diagnosing and resetting airbag beeper. My gregorys manual saids nothing about it. Started last week starts beeping after car is started and stops fairly quickly but dash light for airbag stays on. Any suggestions apart from take it to the dealer, which will be my last resort. I say this because holden is not nice, I needed my igniton barrell replaced it was stuffed holden kit 29 dollars fitting from them 250 dollars, took me about an hour and half to rekey and assemble the lock myself. So there a last resort option
Steve

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
You either have a problem with the airbag itself or the airbag system just needs resetting.

Go take it to Holden and get them to hook it up to the Tech2.

This is the only way you'll find out what it is.

vt_lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
I had the same problem a couple of years ago, don't go to holden i just went to my local auto electrician. he reset it for $40:thumbsup:

Umai Naa!!

R.I.P APY-88V :(
Reaction score
Website
www.aus12.org
Members Ride
VR S1 Exec. A4 3.8L
An airbag is akin to a bomb.

Any faults should be taken seriously, and rectified ASAP.

Having the local auto electrician reset it may not fix the problem completely. Take it to Holden and and get them to look at it properly.

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Sounds more like he probably disconnected it!! My Bro had his VT done by an auto elec and when the car went to holden for a service, they found that the airbag had been disconnected!! Not worth the risk of jeopardizing your safety!!:thumbsup:

AG Canberra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina Wagon
We have had the same thing on our wagon going on for two years now. Had it checked every time it's serviced and they can't find anything. All wires etc have been checked....it's a mystery.

Sometimes when I'm sitting at the lights with the airbag beeping I think "What happens if this goes bang right now?....Will I s^!t myself?".....

Aparently there's no real way of checking whether the airbag is working until you have a crash....

vxexec350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder/VX Exec LS1/VN Berlina 5.0
We have had the same thing on our wagon going on for two years now. Had it checked every time it's serviced and they can't find anything. All wires etc have been checked....it's a mystery.

Sometimes when I'm sitting at the lights with the airbag beeping I think "What happens if this goes bang right now?....Will I s^!t myself?".....

Aparently there's no real way of checking whether the airbag is working until you have a crash....
HAHAHAHA that is more funny because I know it's all true.

I think I'll test my aibag now. LOL

Pete

achimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 ss
Holden charges me $42.- to test the airbag and reset the computer.

SHAUN2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNAPV5000i
the most common fault is the clock spring behind the steering wheel, they wear out , a new one cost about $110 fitted by holden, it will cost $40 for them to check the system and tell you exactly what is wrong.