Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airbag self check staying on

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi all,

Looking for ideas or diagnosis flow chart to help
The wifes 07 Epica CDXi has last night had the airbag self check light on the dash stay on when driving.
I realise this means the airbags are turned off until fixed, but is it driver only or all airbags (it has either 4 or 6).
If you turn the car on, the self check will go out after 5seconds, but the re-illuminate half a sec later.
I will try resetting the electrics tonight to see if that clears it, but aren't hopeful of that ending it.

It did this once a month or 2 ago for 1 day then gone. But this time it's sticking around.

Cheers

xxpinguxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS caprice 5.0 V8
Hi all,

Looking for ideas or diagnosis flow chart to help
The wifes 07 Epica CDXi has last night had the airbag self check light on the dash stay on when driving.
I realise this means the airbags are turned off until fixed, but is it driver only or all airbags (it has either 4 or 6).
If you turn the car on, the self check will go out after 5seconds, but the re-illuminate half a sec later.
I will try resetting the electrics tonight to see if that clears it, but aren't hopeful of that ending it.

It did this once a month or 2 ago for 1 day then gone. But this time it's sticking around.

Cheers
I've had the same prob in my caprice I've got told it might be a loose wire somewhere behind the steering wheel airbag triggering the light to come on then i got shitty with with an punched my steering wheel :mad: an the light went out for a little while. but haven't had it since it might be different in your case

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Ok, this is common on these Epicas. When the airbag light comes back on after self test, climb into the back seat and go underneath the driver seat. On the left inner seat rail, (closest one to the center of the car) will be a yellow SRS plug, wiggle that plug. The light should go out.

If it doesn't, go under the passenger front seat and do the same to the yellow SRS plug under that seat. The light will go out.

You got a bad connection in one of those plugs and will need to get some Nyogel.

Good idea to disconnect the battery before doing this playing around with SRS system.

Unplug the connectors, clean them with CO Cleaner (electrical grade non residual spray) let dry, then squirt some of the Nyogel onto each terminal in the plugs.

Nyogel 760g silica grease (as spelt here) can be gotten from online. Get the syringe type one or toothpaste style one.

Happy squirting.:)

Oh.... and dont over do the Nyogel just enough to wet the terminals with.

Good luck.

Last edited: