Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airhammer Intake

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
My air hammer arrived yesterday, but didnt fit. I have an SIDI V6 and the MAF is intergrated into the air box outlet.

The MAF sensor actually screws in from the top. I am thinking about find a plastic pipe the size of standard MAF and mod it to allow the sensor to sit into it.

Does anyone think it will make any difference where the MAF sensor sits. I.E distance from air box. As the standard setup has the sensor around 100mm from the filter.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
dunno, but growler has a unit that is made for the sidi, it has maf holder where you simply plug it in. the box is a replacement for your original factory unit, although the piping remains.... i wouldn't mind the growler box if i could get my hands on airhammer hose....

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
yea i could have cut it but couldnt be bothered at the time :D. i'll probs either cut it or buy a bigger hose

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
u can pull the large rubber bit of the hose from the stock one, but the supplied hose neither fits into or over it so that doesnt work. the plastic bit on the other end seems stuck in there pretty tight, dont really want to yank it off.

The plastic bit on the other end. Is it a sort of an L shape? If yes that's what I used. From memory it was fair tight. I pulled it off and put it on the new hose (i used some duct tape to make sure the hose didn't come out of the connector) and re-connected.

Will get some pictures tomorrow if you want?

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
hey tommo, i dont think mines the same, but some pictures would be cool to compare.