Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aldi to sell beer for $1

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Don't know why they are all up in Aldi's business. A few weeks ago in the Safeway in my home town they had 2 5 litre goon sacs for $30.
That equated to 86 standard drinks. And needless to say, a fun few days at our botany field trip :)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
One of the reasons we have alcohol regulations is because of the abuse. How many read this and thought its a cheap way to get drunk? Also, we in Australia are bad angry drinkers. Our culture really needs to change. Alcohol in Europe (not so much in the UK) is more of a social drink rather than a way to get drunk. A log of our violence is caused by alcohol.

bloomers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
My god Australia is like ten years behind the rest of the world in almost everything(still love the place) lol.most of the big supermarkets in the UK,US and Europe have had there own ''home brand'' beer for years.72p for a 700ml can of larger that tastes like ****.

In USA I always bought the black and white style brand. It was a stubby with a white lable and it had a "Beer" in big black writing. It was good and cheap.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
One of the reasons we have alcohol regulations is because of the abuse. How many read this and thought its a cheap way to get drunk? Also, we in Australia are bad angry drinkers. Our culture really needs to change. Alcohol in Europe (not so much in the UK) is more of a social drink rather than a way to get drunk. A log of our violence is caused by alcohol.

Speak for yourself. I'm not an angry drinker and the guy (and girls) I enjoy a drink with are not angry drinkers. Dont know who you're talking about when you say "our culture needs to change". My culture is just fine. Its a tiny minority of people who are violent when they drink and the problem is exaggerated by the media nowdays like never before. My dad used to get into a punch on at the Keysborough hotel every weekend 40 years ago but you never saw that on a current affair.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
After doing the east coast...... working security.... and now having tons of mates from germany that has really relax drinking laws I've got some interesting things i've noticed.

Travelling WA - noticed any mining related town seems to have banned shots, full strength liquor and anything mixed with energy drinks after 10, apparently the miners are brought into a alcohol culture so as soon as getting out they all get smashed, and the mining companies have heavy influence so if they say they dont like how something is it gets changed.
A lot of towns I went to over there have skyhigh liquor prices I remember near collie at a BWS they wanted $22.95 for a 4pack of canadian club.
People still got trashed on high priced booze, even low strength stuff.

On the east coast - just about every city and town I went to I saw fights and violence. Most of it was due to the lock out policies. Someone goes out for a good time, gets there at 11 parties, runs outside for a smoke, then doesnt get let in at 1, or tries to hop clubs.... and gets locked out.... they arent happy and just hang around starting trouble.

3am in port macquirie is preatty freaky all the clubs seem to have kicked everyone out and the streets are flooded with people agitated because they still want to party, they cant get a drink... and I saw a ton of fights, with heaps of cops around who didnt wanna do anything most of them stood around and watched. Saw this all over the east coast anywhere with a lockout and that rum was popular.

Rum - seems to make ########s fight? i dont know how I dont know why..... any place that people got drunk on rum.... the same people who are chilled drinking 10 jagerbombs or tons of beer or vodka... you get them out clubbing on half a bottle of rum.... they just seem to want to start fights.

All my international mates, especially ones i've been backpacking with.... are shattered when they find out you cant enjoy a cold one on a street, or in a park and you explain our liquor laws where you can pretty much only drink in 'zones' and they then see our violence here and are mystified.

My ex from germany was first to tell me how in bavaria you can have a drink wherever you want, can start drinking beer and wine at 15... and spirits at 18..... they have a drinking culture where everyone accepts you go through that phase of 18-24 where you just want to party and they dont make a big deal out of it..... fights are rare, alcohol is cheap, a bottle of jager is about $15 there. Cheap vodka can be bought from the commissary for the equivalent of $7.

All of the countries that have tighter liquor laws seem to have worse violence.... more alcoholism problems

In canada apparantly the government controls all liquor sales which I was surprised about..... they monitor everything and fix prices

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
^^^ ****, im moving to germany! haha