Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alert: Proposed New National Road Rules & Amendments

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
They have been illegal to use In NSW for some time now...

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
minux said:
They have been illegal to use In NSW for some time now...

Yes through seperate NSW Regulations. WA have the same prohibition too. The new rule change will bring the rest of the country up to date on the matter, finally.

Do read the full rule changes though.

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
Does not mean that wa??ers don't use them in daylight or worse at night with traffic. The regulations have always been there in regards to wiring, just not enforced. People do not realise how much they can dazzle someone.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Good. Theres idiots up here who drive with their fog lights on and their headlights off.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Keepleft, just curious, proposed rule 4.3, is this stating that MC trucks can no longer use a forward lane and a left lane to turn a corner?

Last edited:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
It's saying that they now can, legally. Before you HAD to obey the sign on the road. Now, long trucks can disobey it if necessary to negotiate the corner.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So it is, i misread :( *kicks himself*

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Remember, these are not set in stone just yet, this is the final consultation stage. Proposed actual legalese drafting of words/wording remains with NTC and the State groups and is they say, 'subject to change owing feedback'.

I can see more change after this event, I am hoping however its not another 5-6 years for such major change, as it has been for the ARR's - so generally implemented in the States on or about December 1, 1999. Within this time, only small individual changes were made.

This lot of changes has us actually in a very tight spot with each proposal, for example Rule 217 rear fog lights - is not under discussion insofar REAR, but adds the front fog prohibition, all well and good, problem is I am then tied from making a submission that also includes discussion on the rear, to further tighten this particular requirement up.

I need to see those legal wording changes (proposed draft), and this I have to do through channels.

One change that must be clarified is use of the derestriction sign, here our politically correct State transport employees tell us it means 'rural default', it is these individuals who really decide in the end. It certainly does not mean rural-default in the Standard, nor in the UN Convention as the signs final legal owner.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
keeplft

when they change road rules how to they inform people, i mean to they inform people, or jus tchange t hem and not let everyone know?