Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloy trim parts

To paint or not to paint

• Purchase pre painted items totalling $80

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Paint them myself

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
So what was the/will be the total cost?? Hard to change over?? Is that discounted price because you knew the guy or rrp??

Changing the handbrake and selector parts is quite simple and requires only a phillips screwdriver. " How to" has been posted elsewhere.

To replace the spokes on the wheel is a different matter. There is a post here somewhere about removing the wheel which is essential. You have to remove the air-bag, which is the biggest hassle and not a job for beginners. The wheel is then removed, the rear cover unscrewed, then each spoke. The actual mechanics of the work fitting the spokes is simple. Replacing the wheel has to be done carefully because of the clock spring that connects the air bag.

Someone asked whether it is worth removing the standard parts and painting them. Nup! Tried it. Painted a spare set of Acclaim spokes before fitting a leather rimmed wheel. The paint has worn off and the original colour is showing. The wheel now needs to be removed and proper matt silver spokes fitted.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Changing the handbrake and selector parts is quite simple and requires only a phillips screwdriver. " How to" has been posted elsewhere.

To replace the spokes on the wheel is a different matter. There is a post here somewhere about removing the wheel which is essential. You have to remove the air-bag, which is the biggest hassle and not a job for beginners. The wheel is then removed, the rear cover unscrewed, then each spoke. The actual mechanics of the work fitting the spokes is simple. Replacing the wheel has to be done carefully because of the clock spring that connects the air bag.

Someone asked whether it is worth removing the standard parts and painting them. Nup! Tried it. Painted a spare set of Acclaim spokes before fitting a leather rimmed wheel. The paint has worn off and the original colour is showing. The wheel now needs to be removed and proper matt silver spokes fitted.

Thanks mate

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Hey guys, satin chrome spokes are not fitted to the SV6, the SV6 has this bronze alloy colour. Items in this bronze colour are the steering wheel spokes, dash down to centre console, and the air vents on the front doors.

Items not in bronze that I will be replacing for sure are handbrake, shifter and door handles.

If I can get Holdens to fit them for me I will get the satin chrome steering wheel spokes and also purchase satin chrome air vents and fit them myself.

These parts are pretty cheap and the prices I was quoted a few posts above are including tax with no discount.

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Is This A Trade Price

So what was the/will be the total cost?? Hard to change over?? Is that discounted price because you knew the guy or rrp??

Is this a trade price??? What was the all up cost ???

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Does anyone happen to have or able to obtain the part numbers for the silver satin steering wheel inserts please.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Is this a trade price??? What was the all up cost ???

As I stated before they are not trade price I literally walked into the dealer gave the part numbers and bang. $15 for the handbrake, $8 (cost of button not included for both of these)

Does anyone happen to have or able to obtain the part numbers for the silver satin steering wheel inserts please.

Steering wheel spokes are 92147964 set me back $40 and you may want to get them fitted by the dealer.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the satin chrome door air conditioning vents? I got the dumb **** again and not my mate today and he couldn't find them. Its the second time he's done that to me.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Dunno if its covered in the how to for ripping the steering wheel off, make sure you disconnect the battery and pull the airbag fuse out for double security. White powder burns ya lungs lol

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Does anyone have the part numbers for the satin chrome door air conditioning vents? I got the dumb **** again and not my mate today and he couldn't find them. Its the second time he's done that to me.

He's not dumb, holden don't make the satin chrome vents. They are just air brushed on, i got mine off ebay for $40 new or you can do your own if you wish but i couldn't be fagged.