Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec 190 Water Pump cost

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
My SV6 is in with Holden getting a new A/C compressor and dryer fitted . I used them because they were cheaper ( $1200 ) than the other place I got a quote ( $1400 )
While it's being done they ring me to tell me my water pump is leaking and ( with a very sad tone ) advise it will cost me $1100

Now I do believe the Allotec pump is harder than the VT one I have previously replaced ? Is it a fair price and can I do it myself?
I have changed the spark plugs on this engine before so I have had the plennum off ( though it feels like a while ago and it's rather vague )

No way should I spend $1100 , am i right?

PS> I see the red coolant leaking myself but it's been like this for some time, not enough to affect temperatures yet.
Sounds like someone might have under quoted you on the compressor job and is trying to make it up on the water pump job! I just did my water pump on my VE SSV which is far more expensive and complicated and got out of it for 380 bucks for the pump and about an hour of labour.

Like others have said the V6 pump would only be 100 bucks and about an hour of labour to fit it plus the replacement coolant cost. They aren’t that hard to get to on a V6. Just make sure you flush the system out before you remove the old pump. Contaminants in the coolant (corrosion particles etc) is normally why the pump starts leaking in the first place so you need to make sure all that crap is out of there before you put the new pump on.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Rip off. It's easy, and you can buy them starting from about $40 although the genuine one is better and will last longer.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fk!!! Water pump is as easy as on models previous.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I don't yet have their written report, this was over the phone.
Will be interesting when i get it

I thought the plennum had to come off?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I don't yet have their written report, this was over the phone.
Will be interesting when i get it

I thought the plennum had to come off?
Nah. I just replaced the O rings on the intake/filler pipe on my SV6 and didn’t have to take the plenum off. The pump is under the intake pipe so easy to get at. You are probably thinking of the thermostat, which is a pita to get at as it’s at the back of the engine and the plenum does need to be removed for that job!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I replaced my water pump on my VZ SV6 six years ago , water pump itself was $239NZD , they can't have gone up by that much .