Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec 190 Water Pump cost

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Nothing was said about the Thermostat and the gauge is not telling me there's an issue . Only o rings and water pump were mentioned, I bet the pump hasn't even failed.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Nothing was said about the Thermostat and the gauge is not telling me there's an issue . Only o rings and water pump were mentioned, I bet the pump hasn't even failed.
Do you have any coolant leaking from the front of the engine? Mine did a couple of weeks ago and it was the o rings on the intake/filler neck. I thought it was the pump initially as the pump is immediately below it but after looking on these forums I found out it was the filler neck o rings.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
The o rings are about 20 bucks from Repco.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Meh I do them in no time. Take off air intake pipe with a nut driver, get my long 3/8 ratchet and pull the belt off. Get my 3/8 gun blast all the bolts off and then air ratchet the pump on after a quick air wizzy. Then rattel the pully bolts back on, dump the rad plug, pull a heater hose then flush. Put hose back on after air blow out, put rad plug in, air box pipe on. Then it's vac fill time.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^ ...... so if it that easy, how come a Holden service centre took 3 days to do mine ?.
On booking it in for a 'routine' scheduled service, told me that there was no such thing as an AWD Crewman Cross 6, it must be a Colorado.
First day, fitted incorrect parts resulting in a leak when I got home.
Second day, fitted correct parts resulting in a leak, before I got it out of their yard.
Third day, success. But lost a long time customer due to their lack of knowledge, attitude and incompetance.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
^^ ...... so if it that easy, how come a Holden service centre took 3 days to do mine ?.
On booking it in for a 'routine' scheduled service, told me that there was no such thing as an AWD Crewman Cross 6, it must be a Colorado.
First day, fitted incorrect parts resulting in a leak when I got home.
Second day, fitted correct parts resulting in a leak, before I got it out of their yard.
Third day, success. But lost a long time customer due to their lack of knowledge, attitude and incompetance.
Because part of the qualification for working at a stealership is being incompetent, along with ripping people off of course!

Of course this isn’t limited to just stealerships. Went into a supercheap store one time (many years ago when they used to actually try and supply parts) with a PVC valve and said to the guy at spare parts “I need one of these”. His response (I kid you not) was “what’s that?” If you don’t know what a PCV valve is WTF are you doing working in an auto parts store.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Of course this isn’t limited to just stealerships. Went into a supercheap store one time (many years ago when they used to actually try and supply parts) with a PVC valve and said to the guy at spare parts “I need one of these”. His response (I kid you not) was “what’s that?” If you don’t know what a PCV valve is WTF are you doing working in an auto parts store.
Lol I went Mitre 10 a few weeks ago and asked for emery. I was in the paint section and young bloke had to ask what was emery.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol I went Mitre 10 a few weeks ago and asked for emery. I was in the paint section and young bloke had to ask what was emery.
I think part of the problem now is that most people only stay in jobs for 5 minutes before moving on to the next one (either from their choice or the employers choice). Enthusiasm doesn’t seem to count for much these days either unfortunately. It’s all about jumping through the education hoops where you learn conformance and not critical thinking.

Im (somewhat) lucky that when I started with my current employer 17 years ago as a Storeman the interview went basically like this..

Employer. “Do you know about these new fangled computers?”
Me. “Yes”.
Employer. “When can you start?”

I then proceeded to shake the joint up because their purchasing was handled in Sydney and they were incompetent at it. Once I showed them that they were wasting about a quarter of a million dollars a year airfreighting stuff in because they weren’t running a just in time system properly they created a purchasing role for me to fix it all up.

Ironically I very much doubt that if the current boss was in charge at the time they would have employed me in the first place as I didn’t have much in the way of formal qualifications and the boss at the time was winding out the clock so probably took a punt and didn’t really care what the bosses upstairs thought about it.

Worked alright for me (and them) as they saved a metric sh!t ton of money and I got a secure job out of it.

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Emery cloth lol, that's almost understandable since it went out of fashion about 40 years ago. Now you have to ask for sandpaper and then specify what colour you want. The white stuff is pretty sexy for sanding paint!