Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec 190 Water Pump cost

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I would like to see you replace a water pump on an Audi RS4 in an hour.

At stealerships the mechanic likely does the job in less than an hour. The issue is It's not the mechanic doing the quote at the dealerships it's the service reps.
Try undoing a 12mm bolt anywhere on an R8 in under an hour. 2 or 3 years to find a dropped 10mm socket. I’m amazed anything can even be fixed on them.

CliveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Thunder Ute - L76 Auto
Are you sure it is the water pump that is leaking? Very common for the filler neck tube "O" rings to fail and these are cheap and relatively easy to replace. Close inspection of the source of the leak is recommended - to be sure, to be sure.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Are you sure it is the water pump that is leaking? Very common for the filler neck tube "O" rings to fail and these are cheap and relatively easy to replace. Close inspection of the source of the leak is recommended - to be sure, to be sure.

Already referenced and explained in pictures.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vz-ve-vf-alloytec-cooling-system-repairs.279976/

I’m still floored that someone could charge that much for a water pump to go in. That’s some level 11 trippin balls.