Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec and SIDI Cam Development

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Steve,
I've just had a tune after having installed a few things on my Series 2 SV6 (OTR CAI, Extractors, HiFLow Cats and a 2.25" Catback exhaust) :beer chug:
I'm looking at getting a few more things done (Camshaft, Valve Springs and Timing Chain)
I was hoping you could help me out. I'm looking at buying the parts and having someone local do the install (I live in a pretty rural area)

Any help or advice would be amazing. :help:

Regards,
Brett

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"I've just had a tune after having installed a few things on my Series 2 SV6 (OTR CAI, Extractors, HiFLow Cats and a 2.25" Catback exhaust)
I'm looking at getting a few more things done (Camshaft, Valve Springs and Timing Chain)
I was hoping you could help me out. I'm looking at buying the parts and having someone local do the install (I live in a pretty rural area)"

We can supply you cams to suit your vehicle. Fortunately they're designed such that they compatible with the factory valve springs and timing chain set. Being in South Australia we can recommend a workshop who can assist with the installation and tuning.

"Any help or advice would be amazing."
No problem.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Hi Brett,

Thank you for your enquiry:

We can supply you cams to suit your vehicle. Fortunately they're designed such that they compatible with the factory valve springs and timing chain set. Being in South Australia we can recommend a workshop who can assist with the installation and tuning.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

So there's no point getting springs and a better timing chain for my car?
It's just that I've heard a weird sound coming from the engine and have been told that my timing chain was making the strange noise and will need to be looked at. I thought if there's a problem there'd be a better one out there made by someone like Mace.

I've got the work that I haven't done myself all done by a local Repco (Renmark Auto Service) so I was hoping to get them to install it depending on how much they could get the part, being a business(they'd get discounts)

MACE

Reaction score
So there's no point getting springs and a better timing chain for my car?
It's just that I've heard a weird sound coming from the engine and have been told that my timing chain was making the strange noise and will need to be looked at. I thought if there's a problem there'd be a better one out there made by someone like Mace.

I've got the work that I haven't done myself all done by a local Repco (Renmark Auto Service) so I was hoping to get them to install it depending on how much they could get the part, being a business(they'd get discounts)

"So there's no point getting springs and a better timing chain for my car?"
Replacing the timing chain set would be beneficial, but not mandatory if that car isn't down on power.

"It's just that I've heard a weird sound coming from the engine and have been told that my timing chain was making the strange noise and will need to be looked at."
Is it on cold start up or consistent?

"I thought if there's a problem there'd be a better one out there made by someone like Mace."
Cloyes make a good set which is what we supply.

"I've got the work that I haven't done myself all done by a local Repco (Renmark Auto Service) so I was hoping to get them to install it depending on how much they could get the part, being a business(they'd get discounts)"
That's understandable.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve