Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec loud squeeking noise, belt slip?

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Tried a new belt if the old one is slippin ?? checked to see if all the pullies are good and line up to each other ?

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I tightened the tensioner pulley but the squeek is still present. Next thought i had was the 5 speed Auto "sealed for life" transmission? The oil in my 5 speed auto has not been changed for over 100k now (even though it is "sealed for life"), I'm thinking the oil might have lost all of its velocity causing the gearbox to squeek whilst changing and engaging gears causing this loud squeek noise? Do you guys think this could be the lack of maintenence on the 5 speed auto's gearbox "sealed for life" causing this problem?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
A "sealed for life" auto transmission? Surely there must be an oil change and replenish ... somewhere??
I have never heard of it, perhaps only with the ancient Russian Lada runabouts where "sealed for life" meant after 30,000km you throw the thing away... Auto trannies are meant to be serviced 20-30,000k. It's a revelation that some can go 100,000k and get away with a squeak!

The idler tension pulley is bolted on fairly robustly. It's the pulley bearings that go tropo and cause either a scratching or squeaking sound, additional to any sound of the belt moving over the very smooth pulley surface. I'm sticking a smiley face on that pulley to attract the Techies so they know it should be checked for any squeak, rattle or scratch Wednesday this week.

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
I get this squeak 1st thing in the morning with my sv6 when i put it in reverse, and then the noise carries on for a lil in drive, just started about a month ago... I took it in for a major service and gear box service about a week ago, car runs a hell of a lot better but still got the same squeak, is this the same as what you guys are experiencing ??

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Says car runs a hell of a lot better, but still got the same squeak.
It's a mouse in the engine bay.
That's it. It must be a mouse. :eek:

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
Started the car up this morning,no funny noises at all (all day even)... Maybe the gearbox service took a couple of days to kill that mouse ;)

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Ive had this problem since I had coolant spilled on my belt by holden... It seems to recur when it gets wet (with water). The best way to fix it is to spray silicone spray all over the belt and tensioner pulley. I had the belt replaced at one point which stopped the noise until the idiots spilled more coolant on it.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
It's not the gear box. As I said before. Mine does it from 1st to 3rd under acceleration. I fix it by spraying some $16 belt grip on it. Once that wears off. It squeals again.