Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytec pcv hoses

dat111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
hey guys. it seems that my heavy hand has broken the factory pcv pipes.

i made a dodgy one up with vaccum hoses,but im not sure if its leaking or not as its making a sucking noise an if i pinch that hose off it stops the noise its the one that connects to the orfice tube in the driver rocker cover.
so what is the best hose to make it up out of?

i was going to delete the manifold pipes an put it from drivers an passenger side into the intake tube (there isnt any oil that is pooling into the intake tube or anything.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
hey guys. it seems that my heavy hand has broken the factory pcv pipes.

i made a dodgy one up with vaccum hoses,but im not sure if its leaking or not as its making a sucking noise an if i pinch that hose off it stops the noise its the one that connects to the orfice tube in the driver rocker cover.
so what is the best hose to make it up out of?

i was going to delete the manifold pipes an put it from drivers an passenger side into the intake tube (there isnt any oil that is pooling into the intake tube or anything.
If you delete the manifold pipes you’re going to have a bad time.

dat111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
thanks guys. i ended up going to the wreckers an got one for 25 bucks it was practically brand new

now the next thing is, coil an plugs, any recommendations?
ebay from OZ car parts any decent?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hmm, Coils and Plugs !

If the coils are ok, dont replace them,
As there is a lot of Chinese inferior coils out there, especially on ebay,
And when you contact the seller, they are reluctant to refund,
in a nut shell, if the coils are the OEM ones, only replace them in you need too.
i did just that, purchased a set of A/M coils, had a random miss on various cyl's, refitted the original ones,
Never had a issue for the last 43,000 k/m.

As for plugs,
again, playing Russian Roulette with the sellers,
I also bought plugs, and was very lucky I didn't have any issues,
You can buy decent one's off Ebay,
but buy from a reputable supplier.
If you can afford it, buy Iridium Spark Plugs,
they are more efficient and can last up to 100,000 k/m.

If you don't buy the coils, maybe put some of the money towards decent plugs, it will save you in the long run.
Average cost for decent Iridium spark plugs is around $70 > $120.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Forget ebay, walk into an auto parts store like Repco or Bursons etc and buy reputable brand coils and plugs.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Forget ebay, walk into an auto parts store like Repco or Bursons etc and buy reputable brand coils and plugs
Half the stuff bursons or repco sell is the same rubbish as ebay. I saw a good turn thrown at my mate the other day one of his customers said what is wrong with you ,you wont fit parts I supply and you wont warranty the parts you fitted 6 months ago that you said are better quality than I all ready had. The part he got off ebay was the same quality as what ole mate had supplied from bursons. I all ways leave my mates workshop before dark so Im not mistaken for him. the mark up on the part is why ole mate wont let customers supply parts.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i had new plugs put in the vz v6 on thursday with few other thing i wanted done it drove normaly on the way home about 10 min and there a big storm brewing so that stop me from taking it for a decent drive

yesty arvo i did take it fore a decent drive and about a couple of ks it started to miss and really bad when idling went and seen the mechs so she book in for monday
on the invoice he put in platinum plugs $17.27 each total 103 .64 plus 10.36 gst doesnt mention the brand

last plugs he put in 11 years ago just says, spark plug allotech 9.86 each total 59.16 plus 5.92 gst
the coils are original and she only done 160ks so it be interesting to see what the problem is

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^^^^ .........I am not game to touch the Cross6 (150K) with the original plugs / coils while it starts easily, runs well and gets good fuel consumption.
My regular mech told me not to **** with it while it was going good.