Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Tuning

MACE

Reaction score
Im a VZ Calais owner. I have the 5 spd auto. But auto aside, ther seems to be a lack of aftermarket performance parts for the VZ, when compared to models before and after such as the VE. Why is it so? Can somebody help me understand this? Is it because there where not a lot of VZ's sold, or is it because there are more differences in the VZ compared to models before? I love my VZ and I think its a great car, buyt I am frustrated at the lack of products and even reviews, information etc. There seems to be more on the VE. It may be just my imagination, but if others have observed this Id love to know what you reckon.

Relative to other engines, there is a lack of performance parts for alloytecs in general. They're a completely different engine to that of the earlier V6's, coupled with the fact that tuning them has been difficult. Not that tuning can be done with some models, more hardware components will be developed in time. I do like these engines, to my they're like a baby F1 engine :)

The Ford 6's and 8's in general had this problem during the 90's as no one could really tune them, so not many people here bothering to develop these engines as much as the Holden engines at the time, given the limited number of people will to go an aftermarket computer which is still the case today. Is changing though :D

just letting others know on here, the tune is definetly worth it.

Glad to hear you're happy with the tune kuzman89 :)

Cheers,
Steve

ls1luv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz bt1
hey mate,
im interested on getting my car tuned, its an vz commodore v6 lpg injected, do you rekon you guys can get the most out of the lpg its an brc system, and can use make the car hold first gear, it changes to 2nd gear even when its on first, also i need to get the speedo recalibrated i got 4.11 gears done to it,

newvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
any update on the sv6 tune :surprise:?

1DEJ118

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 MY10 SIDI
hey mace
i live in W.A and was interested in the tune and insulators....

this might sounds stupid but im guessing i wont be able to get the tune seen as though im miles away from guys correct??? i got a MY10 SIDI sv6 and im finding it hard to find someone/somewhere to do a tune up.... would it be ideal to get the tune after CAI extractors ect or wouldnt it really make a difference.. and while im on here do you guys make 20% Underdrive (race series) balancer kits to suit the ve SIDI sv6???

cheers Ricky

MACE

Reaction score
hey mace
i live in W.A and was interested in the tune and insulators....

this might sounds stupid but im guessing i wont be able to get the tune seen as though im miles away from guys correct??? i got a MY10 SIDI sv6 and im finding it hard to find someone/somewhere to do a tune up.... would it be ideal to get the tune after CAI extractors ect or wouldnt it really make a difference.. and while im on here do you guys make 20% Underdrive (race series) balancer kits to suit the ve SIDI sv6???

cheers Ricky

Hey Ricky,

The idea is to get as many items installed before the tune, which we can provide you with remotely :D For more info check out the link below

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/mace-engineering/167287-mace-ve-v6-tune-review.html

In regards to the SIDI balancers, I'm not sure if they're available at the moment.

Cheers,
Steve