Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

almost ran a 4wd off the road, will try harder next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
Awesome gif! That reversing maneuver is illegal in most states if not all.
yeah this thread has opened my eyes a bit to the illegality of reversing in or out, but not sure what other options are available.
Also, and i'm not saying this guy wasn't being a tool too, but there is a chance as he rounded the corner he thought you were turning right (and before anyone says it i see way too many commodores - yes - commodores either with ****ed blinkers or don't care to use them).
it's possible. in fact i hope so at least then neither of us would have been being tools/illegal, just accidentally spastic.

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
if it is ilegal to reverse out of a driveway then me and most of my mates would have failed there ps in vic neway on our test wen doing a 3 point turn we were aloud to enter a driveway and then reverse out onto the road and that counted as one.

i to use to have the exact same problem as u because my house is right on a corner like that but even worse as the the corners on a hill and is an S bend and most young people think its fun to fly around it after many near misses trying to get out of driveway my parents decided to put a horseshoe drive in drive out and now all is good

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
if it is ilegal to reverse out of a driveway then me and most of my mates would have failed there ps in vic neway on our test wen doing a 3 point turn we were aloud to enter a driveway and then reverse out onto the road and that counted as one.

i to use to have the exact same problem as u because my house is right on a corner like that but even worse as the the corners on a hill and is an S bend and most young people think its fun to fly around it after many near misses trying to get out of driveway my parents decided to put a horseshoe drive in drive out and now all is good

In English next time mate.....

It isn't illegal to reverse out of a driveway. Only illegal to reverse across a lane. In the gif image, he should be reversing to the right of the screen in the nearest lane.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux

You should NOT have been ALLOWED to use a driveway to make a 3-point turn, I was warned before my test not to do it anywhere near a driveway or joining street, as using either to make the turn is an instant fail. That was in Vic, last year.

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
In English next time mate.....

It isn't illegal to reverse out of a driveway. Only illegal to reverse across a lane. In the gif image, he should be reversing to the right of the screen in the nearest lane.

sorry bout the spelling i had just got home from a long day

ah ok i get what your saying so you can reverse out just along as you go to the nearest lane! sounds fair enough i guess

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
You should NOT have been ALLOWED to use a driveway to make a 3-point turn, I was warned before my test not to do it anywhere near a driveway or joining street, as using either to make the turn is an instant fail. That was in Vic, last year.

yeah this was november last year and i no people that have been doing it this year. as far as it being an instant fail it wouldnt because you can fail one of your maneuvers and still pass
but anyway that's irrelevant and a whole different story

SSanator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
hahahahaha bloody city folk hahaha

graemevb

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb

Interesting Tom, so rather than use someones driveway to turn the car, you are meant to try and turn the car around in the confines of the gutter/roadway which would seem inherently more difficult/unsafe, is there any reason for this other than trespassing on the bit of concrete someone else has paid for? are 3 point turns legal anyway? Cant say they asked me to do one when I did my driving tests.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Interesting Tom, so rather than use someones driveway to turn the car, you are meant to try and turn the car around in the confines of the gutter/roadway which would seem inherently more difficult/unsafe, is there any reason for this other than trespassing on the bit of concrete someone else has paid for? are 3 point turns legal anyway? Cant say they asked me to do one when I did my driving tests.

I have no idea on the legal side, or the reasoning behind it. All I was told by my driving instructor is NOT to use a driveway or joining street to make a 3-point turn, it has to be gutter to gutter. I assume 3-point turns are legal as it one of the main things they go over you with for the test.
And I was made to do a 3-point turn, and a reverse parrelel (sp) park on my test, my understanding is you must show you are capable of completing 2 of the 3 low speed manouvers, hill start, reverse park, and a 3-point turn, which one they make you do is up to them.

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
im confused.

i drive both a 4x4 and a commodre. so does that make me only a idiot part of the time???

i drive no different in the 4x4 except when someone is hogging the right lane i may just use my size a nd bullbar to hurry them along. lol

but i find most of my time on the road idiots drive every type of car. how many 4x4's have you seen on the news of late involved in major car crashes???? cant say i ahve seen any.

now how many commodores have you seen?

once you answer that you will find that 4x4 drivers maybe safer drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.