Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Almost stalling at when taking off

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL
Hi all,

Just got my car started after it sitting for a few months, it had this problem before i left it but now i am wanting to get it running again and hopefully get some help for this problem.

What is happening is, the car will run fine, but when you go to take off and give it some gas, it will act like it is trying to stall out, and i will either have to go really easy on the throttle or put it all the way down so it takes off fast. Driving normally around it will be fine and have no problems, only when i go to take off. What could be the problem here?

Before it started to do this i replaced the fuel filter and air filter, then all of a sudden it started doing it. I had a friend look at it and he couldn't see anything wrong, the float in the carby was fine, no leaks etc. Can't see any hose leaks anywhere. It has me stumped. any help would be much appreciated.

Guzzoline addict

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Check if the accelerator pump is working properly.Take the air cleaner off and then look down carby while pumping the accelerator, you should see fuel squirting out.
Also check that all the vacuum hoses are still connected.