Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternative transmission cooler location? VT2 4l60e LS1

Lele

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 SS LC9
If I read the workshop manual correctly (well quickly scanned it actually) then the stuff is at the front of the vehicle in the following sequence; the engine radiator, aircon radiator, supercharger radiator and lastly oil cooler front most.

Packaging is always a compromise but I always liked the VW approach of two small intercoolers each side of the central radiator as they always got cool air... stacking radiators always means the poor radiator at the rear of the stack gets the hottest air (which seems conceptually wrong).

Good luck with it all :cool:

Thanks for your efforts ! Really appreciate it.

despite being cold recently car has stayed cool even after a few good pulls. I suppose I can sit it up front in front of intercooler but the issue it’s twofold with space shortage front to back and side to side.

Lele

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 SS LC9
To all interested, ended up mounting behind trans under output shaft. Gets heaps of air flow plus has auto switching fan had to make up a bracket for it which was abit tricky but new auto goes in next week and will spend some time on dyno.

happy to update anybody interested

Thanks again

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
To all interested, ended up mounting behind trans under output shaft. Gets heaps of air flow plus has auto switching fan had to make up a bracket for it which was abit tricky but new auto goes in next week and will spend some time on dyno.

happy to update anybody interested

Thanks again
Can you just let us know what make and model of cooler/heat exhanger you used? Thanks :)