Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternatives for Bridgestone Potenzas

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
didn't know they were *that* much!

I have the RE050A 18's on my VE SS and while they do have road noise, it isn't too bad. Love the grip levels.

Currently looking for new tyres fo my VT as well. Will most likey go with the Adrenalins as they are the only Potenza's in teh stock size for a VT 'S' nowadays.

Have been recommended the following for the VT also. Anyone god comments (good or bad) on these?
Goodyear F1
Pirelli P7
Yokohama S-Drive
Dunlop SP3000
Dunlop Fast Response (apparently only new out)

KARMA 6L

mmmmmm 6.0L
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SS Manual
Your 07 still has original tyres? Impressive. I just replaced mine on my MY09.5 with 16K on the clock! I thought the Potenza's were good but way too soft for the way I drive. I threw some Kuhmo KU19's on it and performance wise they seem pretty good. I have heard some people saying they get a bit noisy at half tread but for $250 each I'm willing to give them a go.

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
Yeah I'm careful with the full-on launches! Did your 19s fit on the 18 alloys without any problems?

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
mine is a march 07 ve calais v 6ltr with orignal tyres still the Potenzas are great but i got them rotated the other wekk and they said i have about 5000-10000 kay max left on mine with is good i think also go a quote at 410 per tyre im in sa thou does that sound right?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
mine is a march 07 ve calais v 6ltr with orignal tyres still the Potenzas are great but i got them rotated the other wekk and they said i have about 5000-10000 kay max left on mine with is good i think also go a quote at 410 per tyre im in sa thou does that sound right?

what i did last time is bought a set of ve ss rims and tyres(potenzas) that had done 500kms for $1000 then sold the rims for $500 so it worked out cheaper than buying from the tyre shop

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
Doesn't rotating them just delay the pain and mean that you end up having to pay out for 4 new tyres instead of 2?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Doesn't rotating them just delay the pain and mean that you end up having to pay out for 4 new tyres instead of 2?

Rotating keeps the wear even on all the tyres, because you'll find the driven wheels (the rears on a Commodore) wear a bit quicker than the non-driven wheels.

It's better to change all four at once, otherwise you can muck up the handling characteristics. You're not delaying the pain, you're just arranging it such that you can change all 4 at once without "wasting" unused tread. It's doesn't affect the overall wear rate, so you'll still get the same milage out of any one tyre.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
^^^^ at 5000