Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alternator

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Why would they? Where does it stop? Do you expect them to check every single component on the car?

vz_sv6_owner1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS storm ute
My mate has an 08 sv6 ute and holden told him that it was the ecu sensing that the alternator was overcharging the battery even though it wasn't.. So it threw fault codes

Don't know if it's the same issue here tho

Camacho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Commodore Series 2 Sedan
Same thing here mate, with a 2012 ve series 2 4500 km on the clock, been driving more than 80 km every day for weeks, come home turn off the car, come out, clack clack clack, battery flat !!!!!!
Went to engeneering mode, checked battery charge, stayed unchanged for 210 km at 69,8 % !
seems the alternator/ electronics is the prob.
Will get it checked out on tuesday.
Electronic **** they built in here too, hey?

Nothing but probs with the car...

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Same thing here mate, with a 2012 ve series 2 4500 km on the clock, been driving more than 80 km every day for weeks, come home turn off the car, come out, clack clack clack, battery flat !!!!!!
Went to engeneering mode, checked battery charge, stayed unchanged for 210 km at 69,8 % !
seems the alternator/ electronics is the prob.
Will get it checked out on tuesday.
Electronic **** they built in here too, hey?

Nothing but probs with the car...

It's not an issue that cannot be easily fixed under warranty even though it's a pain and should not occur. That's what your warranty is for.

You think only Holden's elecronics are a problem. Then you would be very wrong. Plenty of imports have problem electronics including over $ 100000 Mercs BMWs Audis etc. Even a 3month old Honda of a neighbour of mine had the electronic throttle die and this brand new car was stranded. Then the car was parked in the Honda workshop for nearly 3 weeks while the parts were imported and fitted.

mattyfaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
I had the same thing happen to my VY. It would come on and off depending on how it felt on the day, go around one corner it would give me warnings, turn the next corner and it would go off again.

Long story short: took to Holden and got alternator replaced, it was screwed.