Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

altezza lights

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
their diffrent i like em.....i think lol :p

P

paradox1

i'm a fan, i will be putting a set on my white VS it is bodykitted and has colour flip blue/purple inserts, so i will post some pics if/when it happens
i suppose it just comes down to taste, but i think they will get noticed no matter what lol.

T

t3zza

The outer ones look great, but don't you guys recon the ones on the boot lid look a bit odd. They could have matched them a bit better, but at the end of the day its better than stock. Its about time they bring out a few new lights for the VR / VS. But I think they don't suite that calias well, I think on a white or black VS with a kit would look sweeeeeeet...

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
t3zza i mentioned this up earlier in the post....how does changing your tail lights affect insurance?

T

t3zza

Should have no problems mate, just note everyone that all lights must meet Australian standards. Thus if they have, then they wouldn't effect your insurance. I am not sure who is making these lights, but if they are distributing them they must have been tested etc and meet Australian requirements. They don't look like a back yard job, but just double check that. But should be all good ;) , I wouldn't even bother mention it to them to be honest, as long as they work and are to Aussie standards. :D

D

death-from-above

I would definately mention it to my insurance company, for the simple reason that they will look far any excuse to not pay out after an accident. Some are good and allow things to be overlooked, other assessors will go over the car with a fine tooth comb in order to find a fault.

FullySik

Reaction score
Personally i think these lights look a bit rice. You cant also pass a tinted set of standard lights they look so tuff. Even though they are done by many modified commodores. Each to there own i guess.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Hahaha, Ive seen guys do some home pimp tinting on their tail lights and get defected. Tools.

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
Yeh but where do you get these lights from anyway, there's alot of talk about them, but I want to know the price and where to buy them from and will there be a chrome set coming out, cause I think that would look better on my calais as it has the full chrome triming

T

t3zza

FullySik said:
Personally i think these lights look a bit rice. You cant also pass a tinted set of standard lights they look so tuff. Even though they are done by many modified commodores. Each to there own i guess.

hehehehe yeah I agree, its getting to be like those lights they chuck on them Hondas and lancers hehehehehe. Same with the Monaro altezza lights, not a big fan...

In regards to insurance, changing lights is fine as long those lights meet aussie standards. How many people out there change their VT / VX lights to monaro ones now and don't their insurance know about it ;)