Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Altezza Low Beam Adjustment

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
When adjusting headlights, you need to have them on high beam. They should be exactly parallel to the ground and shoot dead straight. When on low beam they should dip down and to the left slightly.

Measure up to the centre of the headlight and use that as a reference, park about 10 metres from a wall and draw a horizontal, level line at the same height. Measure your centres of the lights and mark crosses through your horizontal line the same distance apart. The way I line up the headlights is to lean a broom against the centre of headlight, then stand behind the car at the tail light and use the broom to find the position on the wall. Then with your high beams on, adjust them until the cross is in the centre of the beam.

But that doesn't really answer you question does it? Maybe you will see the light move when on high beam.

Is it possible for you to show some photos as to what you mean by measuring up the centre of the headlight, and using it as a reference, unless this is just to work out how high the line should be on the wall? If that's the case then I get that, (literally just got it then lol). The use of the broom stick could use some photos if possible? I know it'll be hard cuz you're taking photo's of light, but if you could try that'd be great :). I just got new altezza's today and I have a feeling they're probably all over the place...