Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aluminium Cylinderheads?

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
I appears that ZZP droppet the aluminium head from the stock list.
Now we have to work harder to get the power out of the old cast heads

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I appears that ZZP droppet the aluminium head from the stock list.
Now we have to work harder to get the power out of the old cast heads

i thought mace was selling them still... maybe that was awhile ago though so i dunno

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Mace still has them. It seems zzp are dropping quite a few things they used to stock due to the current economy

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Yes Mace still has them. Yella Terra i think had them at one stage as well. Are you familiar with the difference of the Aluminium heads ? Eg changing plugs when engine hot, washers under head bolts etc etc. They also warp easier and you will need to watch the gasket and so on as the LIM gasket fails due to the alloy intake sitting on cast iron heads. You will have Alluminium heads sitting on Cast iron block so difference in material again. Even though performance will come down to the porting etc, they have fantastic heat properties and great for machining.

MACE Aluminium heads - Mace Engineering Group

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Where do you think MACE get their gear from? lol

Considering i dont need them and other than seeing them for sale havent looked at them why should i worry about who makes them for mace?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Considering i dont need them and other than seeing them for sale havent looked at them why should i worry about who makes them for mace?

Was helping you realise that maybe Mace were getting them from ZZP anyway, so the flow on effect was inevitable

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
Zuma done a lot of R&D in this, not a lot of high performance parts for serious power is available like the cylinderheads for the series II /III, I believe it is all about supporting the companies that make thinks happen, No support, No more goodies