Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

American Gun Gontrol

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
but by having our gun laws there would be less readily available for criminals instead of every tom dick and harry having 2-3 firearms each (which it is like in america) + they are just retarded pricks anyway (the americans)

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
Gun control wont stop any of this, especially seeing as there are already so many guns there.

nhUnj.jpg

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
Instituting gun control in the US is impossible because you have to change at least 200 years of American psychie to even get them to admit there is a problem. 350 million Americans, give or take 10-20 million or so, who have grown up with the idea of the right to bear arms against oppression. Problem is they don't see the idea of fear as being oppressive. Imagine being 4-10 years of age and seeing a guy with a gun pointed at you and the last thing you experience in your short life is the sound of the gun going off.

This topic is a pet peeve of mine, having been a member of various "international" forums that are owned and hosted by Americans I have had way more than my fair share of your not American you have no right to discuss this topic. Even better the last time, the picture theatre shooting episode, I had a person tell me I have never had a dark moment in my life where I had to make a choice, haven't I what is it to them anyway?. They see themselves as victims and truly believe the rest of the world just doesn't understand the situation.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The National Rifle Association (NRA) of America is a very powerful and highly resourced (financed) group and any Political Party that has ever tried to take them on has walked away in tears. During the recent elections Nick Romney (a red blooded Texan) was asked for his views on gun control. His response 'USE BOTH HANDS'. So there you have it and that about sums up their attitude to any mention of gun control.

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
It's like fire you need all three to start fire fuel ignition and oxygen remove one and it's impossible to start a fire but honestly how much damage can one do with a knife pot or pan ? A gun is so much easyer no real skill or physical strength I'd bet the individual wouldn't have killed a third of the people he did with a knife

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
No real skill? Have you ever fired a gun. first time I fired one i struggled to hit the target 10m in front of me.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
A knife is much harder to go on a killing spree through a school with than a semi automatic weapon though.

Theyd maybe kill half the people before someone tackled the guy.

America just has a ####ed up culture. There are other countries with very lax gun laws that dont have anywhere near the fatalities.

Merica....

5.5x3.5_cati_AR15_w.png

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
other figures - 93 deaths per day in USA due to car accidents, perhaps we should ban cars first?

Cars are also the #1 killer in Australia, how often do you see people driving dangerously - every day, peak hour, hundreds of onlookers, no shame, so lets legislate that only low powered electric cars be permitted on the road capable of driving no faster than 30km/h in case some twit decides to plough into a crowded bus stop. Lets deal with the biggest killers / threat first, then work our way down the list to guns.

Knives are ahead of guns on the list of weapons used to kill people both in USA and Australia, people just view guns as evil, probably because the only real experience they have with them is seeing them be used to kill people on TV. never mind the hundreds of thousands of registered firearms already in Australia in the hands of licensed owners that you never even know about - your brain has been programmed through repeated exposure to only know about the illegal ones that are used in crime on the news (um you need a car to perform a drive by) or those used to kill people in the movies.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Trouble with saying gun control doesnt work because criminals can still get guns is that the people who commit these mass murders arent criminals until they pull the trigger. So if the guns werent readily available would they seek out weapons through criminal means and then carry the killings, or would they find some other way to vent their frustrations?

Pretty much that. Although how you put the genie back in the bottle in NA with so many guns in the field - god only knows. Unfortunately this sort of thing is inevitable for the future IMO in all of NA. As a father all I can say is I'm eternally thankful that my son is being raised in Australia.

other figures - 93 deaths per day in USA due to car accidents, perhaps we should ban cars first?

Cars are also the #1 killer in Australia, how often do you see people driving dangerously - every day, peak hour, hundreds of onlookers, no shame, so lets legislate that only low powered electric cars be permitted on the road capable of driving no faster than 30km/h in case some twit decides to plough into a crowded bus stop. Lets deal with the biggest killers / threat first, then work our way down the list to guns.

Ok - this will be difficult for most redneck's to understand but bare with me.

The primary intended purpose of a firearm is to kill. Manufacturers have worked hard for decades on end to improve it's effectiveness in this end.
The primary intended purpose of a motor vehicle is to transport people/items from place to place. From roughly the mid 60's safety for people both inside and around the motor vehicle has been a high priority for most manufacturers and governments alike. Manufacturers have worked hard for decades on end to improve it's effectiveness in this end.

Anybody see a contrast here?

Reaper

Last edited: