Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

amp and sub probs

V

VP CALIBER

Ive just changed all the wiring to my subs and put new boot matting sides and all the stuff to make it look clean now my subs are not pumping geez Ive looked at every thing would u know what this prob is

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Could be many things. Did you disconnect the battery before doing all the work? Otherwise you have simply blown a fuse somewhere.But it's a hard thing for someone to diagnose over the internet, it may be something really simple, that someone would pick up on straight away, if they were to look at it in person.

V

VP CALIBER

no i did not but i checked the amp fuse and the power cable fuse ??????

V

VP CALIBER

there is power/protector light its not on would that be the power or just a protector light
..............ive just checked all the wireing no brakes cuts its all hooked up its got me beat

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
have you put the remote wire back on? Have you got your earth and remote wires mixed up?

Get a multimeter.....

Check for continuity between the earth terminal and the chassis.
Test for volts between the battery terminal and earth, then test for volts between remote and earth (h/u on for remote volts)

No volts on battery terminal : Test continuity of ALL fuses on that line.

If you get the correct readings, the amp should function.

If the amp does not power up, it's possibly got a bad solder joint on the terminal strip (internal). I had this on a new pioneer amp - I pulled it apart and was shocked at the poor soldering standards. I used to think pioneer were pretty good..... wouldn't trust them now.

If you need help, let me know - I live at largs (adelaide).

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
correct polarity on the wiring from the amp to the subs?

V

VP CALIBER

got amp and subs cranking but now well had it cranking new prob (amp terns off & on )

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
well...what was the problem with it not switching it on? they may be related.

mitch-vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
hey,
i was just wondering if there is a way to connect a sub to the stock head unit in a vt commodore?

i have pulled out the sub and amp from my old car and i wish to install it into my vt. i have a 10 stack cd player so i'm not too keen on buying a new head deck just to connect a sub to.

can anyone help me out?

cheers