Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp cuts out

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
Hi guys, did a search and couldn't find anything, and I hope no one minds that the issue is with my Verada not my Berlina!
Anyway my amp runs the front stock speakers, Kenwood 600w. Now there is no consistency to this , the speakers will just cut out, and randomly come back on then cut out again. Im pretty sure when it happens the amp loses power. I've checked the wiring and everything seems fine. Could it be something to do with the battery? Cheers for any help.

trent d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
how hot does the amp get could be cutting out because of heat

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
might be, did you pull it during install? also might pay to check your RCA's to make sure that their not shorting... i had a similar problem with RCA's shorting, and also check your speaker connection wires (Output wires) as a short between them could send your amp into protect mode

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
if you have any electrical test tools like an insulation tester, you can check your wires to see if they are damaged

redhot.

NA, Open Diff, Auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
I've had the same problem, are you using agu fuses? Even though the fuse looks fine, it could still be giving you grief. I checked mine with a multimeter (put both ends of the multimeter on the fuse holder, not the actual fuse it self) and it showed an open circuit so I replaced it and it hasn't happened at all since the last 6 months ago when I replaced it. Even if it doesn't show an open circuit, try a different fuse just to see If it is the problem. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk