Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

amp wiring

oldmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
G'day everyone.
I have a vs sedan.
I'm planning on putting an amp in the back underneath the parcel shelf. Just wondering what the best way of wiring it up would be. Where abouts do you put the power cable through from the battery to inside the car, and if i was to eventually out in another amp, would i need two cables going from the battery??
Cheers.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
in regards to where to run the cable through, most people use the un-used clutch grommet on an auto or I used a grommet next to the brake booster. make sure you seal it back up and then you can simply run it down the drivers side of the car under the kick/sill panel. if you will be getting another amp, use a larger gauge cable than what you need going to a distrobution block, from their 2 or more smaller guage wire can be used

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
in regards to where to run the cable through, most people use the un-used clutch grommet on an auto or I used a grommet next to the brake booster. make sure you seal it back up and then you can simply run it down the drivers side of the car under the kick/sill panel. if you will be getting another amp, use a larger gauge cable than what you need going to a distrobution block, from their 2 or more smaller guage wire can be used

Diggin up an old thread sorry lol. How do you get the wires from the back of the head unit and get them down the side of the side skirts and then into the boot? how does the wiring in the that side skirt make its way to the boot? trying to wire my sub/amp combo atm

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
If you're talking about the RCAs and remote wire, you run them up under the dash or under the front floor carpet across to the sill, then along the edge of the sill, under the rear seat, up through the hole behind the rear seat back rests that feeds through near the strut towers... Done.

You do need to pull out your rear seat and backrests and the plastic sill trims and kick panel cover... On the left side of the car.

The power from the engine bay goes down the right side of the car in the same way.