Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying MyLink legal disclaimer pop up

Chumblybum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
This is really cheezing me off. At least every week or two that legal disclaimer message pops up at the worst possible moment on my console - such as when i'm reversing etc or when I can least afford to be distracted.
Worse - rather than coming up as soon as the car is started it waits for a minute or two until you're backing up or similar.

Why shove this in your face every damn week!?
My friend says he hardly ever gets it so I don't know what triggers this message so frequently for me.

What really got me going was Holden's BS response when I mentioned this via feedback their website - I found it offensive.
They told me I am in contravention of Holden’s guidelines by using the MyLink system while the vehicle is moving!!!!

WTF?!
So Holden is trying to tell me you can't use any MyLink functions when the car is moving?! No navigation, music, radio?!
And when the MyLink system is not even on and the reverse camera comes on when I reverse I am at fault? You utter a-holes.
What a load of crap.

I'm not stupid and am well aware that I am responsible for the vehicle etc rear camera or not, that is not the point.

Honestly - disgusting customer service in this instance (normally they are good). Talk about turning a minor complaint into me being flabbergasted and never wanting to deal with Holden ever again.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
I only ever get the warning when I'm cycling through the input sources and get to rear auxiliary. Ive had mine for a couple of weeks and haven't seen any kind of error other than what I mentioned.

As for Holden service, I've found theyre a mixed bag. Sometimes very helpful and other times infuriating with their apparent incompetence.

If you are randomly getting that error pop-up for no good reason I'd have it checked out. Is it still in its 3 year warranty period?

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
I'm lucky if I see that disclaimer once a month - and so far it's always on start-up.
Maybe it's triggered by the amount of driving or something. How many k's a week would you average?
Compared to some people, I don't put a lot of k's on mine - around 200-250 km's in a week average. Some weeks a lot less.

Interesting response from Holden Customer Service. I must remember to pull over before I change the radio station or switch to USB next time :doh:
Perhaps they misunderstood your complaint

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
I am yet to see it at all. Owned car from new 18 months

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
So Holden is trying to tell me you can't use any MyLink functions when the car is moving?! No navigation, music, radio?!
And when the MyLink system is not even on and the reverse camera comes on when I reverse I am at fault? You utter a-holes.
What a load of crap.

I'm not stupid and am well aware that I am responsible for the vehicle etc rear camera or not, that is not the point.

You can use the Mylink and Navigation when the car is moving. Just like you would use the radio or air-conditioning controls whilst in motion.
It's actually easier to use with the touch screen.

It's just a legal disclaimer to cover their arses so you don't sue them for damages. Just ignore it.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Saw it once when the car was new back in 2013. What are you doing with the cars controls when in reverse?

gucci

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Our other car is a Mitsubishi Pajero. That safety warning comes up every time you drive the car. We have to hit the agree button for every journey. As a further safety feature, the stereo senses when it's in motion and automatically disables some function whilst on the move. Can't change iPod play list, select a different phone on Bluetooth. Soooo annoying. No such problems in the Redline. The occasional disclaimer is a blessing , just ask a Mitsubishi Pajero owner.