Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying **** with VF

Landy

Reaction score
Cry me a river cght, start a new thread and your question may be answered. Don't go off topic in someone else's thread. And no, you are correct, I'm no moderator, but I'm also not rude to go off topic in someone's thread.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
The sunroof closing automatically when the car is switched off. Hit the sunroof button to keep it open and it still closes after 5 minutes.
The radio turns itself off after 5 minutes after stopping the car.
The aircon defaults to fresh air every time you start the car WTF?
The heating is a disaster.
Mylink is a joke.

To keep the sunroof open and the radio on for up to an hour, you first have to put the car into test mode. To do this, when the engine is off, press and hold the start button for approximately 10 seconds without depressing the brake (auto) or clutch (manual). When the car enters test mode, the ignition symbols light up on the dash so you'll know when to stop pressing the start button. I believe you can repeat this process once more after the hour is up, then the system shuts down to preserve the battery voltage.

Re the heating/cooling, the early (2013) models had real problems but the later updates should have sorted everything out. I have had no problems with my June 2014 build Calais V.

I agree about the wipers, vk2him -- I wince every time the initial wipe causes the blades to drag across a dry screen when I operate the screenwash function.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Thanks for that.
Maybe it is just mine then or because I have it on the feet setting all the time.
Every time I start the car I have to hit recirculate. I will ask about it when it goes in for service next.

I have exactly the same problem !!! HA.
the best thing i found lately is, even when i have the aircon off if the temperature is set to more or equal to 22, it will automatically heats up. so when driving with aircon off and fresh air mode at 60 and above... is like turning on the heater in the car. way to fix this is decrease the temperature to 21. I tried turning on the recirculate and the hot air stop feeding out but i can still feel heat is developing in within the dashboard.
WEIRD!!!

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have exactly the same problem !!! HA.
the best thing i found lately is, even when i have the aircon off if the temperature is set to more or equal to 22, it will automatically heats up. so when driving with aircon off and fresh air mode at 60 and above... is like turning on the heater in the car. way to fix this is decrease the temperature to 21. I tried turning on the recirculate and the hot air stop feeding out but i can still feel heat is developing in within the dashboard.
WEIRD!!!

Weird is right.
I noticed that it seems to heat better with no fan on and with fresh air selected too.
But put it on recirculate and push fan speed up, and you need to be on 26 before any warmth comes out of it at all.

And then it still pumps cold air on to the screen (even when floor is selected) and out of the vents so all my vents are now closed all the time.
Its a piece of crap and that is being generous.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Flukey, from the Owner's Handbook, Sec 8-2 Climate Controls:

"Note: the automatic climate control system may not work properly if one or more dashboard vents are closed."

Stupid restriction I know, but maybe that's why things aren't working well...............

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Flukey, from the Owner's Handbook, Sec 8-2 Climate Controls:

"Note: the automatic climate control system may not work properly if one or more dashboard vents are closed."

Stupid restriction I know, but maybe that's why things aren't working well...............

But even when the vents are open the climate control barely works correctly anyway

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
I agree about the wipers, vk2him -- I wince every time the initial wipe causes the blades to drag across a dry screen when I operate the screenwash function.
This is true of the VE

I believe Holden want you to come back for a new windscreen every year. (additional built-in required maintenance for Dealers)

cght

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6 ute
Rude am I Landy?

Try not being so up yourself about it.

Landy

Reaction score
Took you 2 weeks to think of a reply cght and still nothing constructive to say. Have you started your OWN thread on your question yet, or have you dropped your question into someone else's thread? And if you read my reply I said "but I'm also not rude to go off topic in someone's thread". Anyway, I will let you have the last say so you can get a mighty 4 posts in. I won't respond to you anymore.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
He drives a VF. The hard lid is annoying him. Sounds right on thread to me. Precious!