Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying **** with VF

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Not really good enough considering what you're paying for the vehicle. What's a treatment like that worth?

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
For 2 coates I paid $935.00 for the Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat is cheaper but not as hard, but looks like it has a better "shine".

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Can't understand why people pay insane $$$ for paint protection!

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Hey JT;
As Jarp mentioned, the paint thickness isn't great so getting a harder finish to ward off stone chips etc is a good investment in my opinion. It's not a dealer paint protection but much harder, and as much as I love washing my car, this makes it so much easier. Maybe do a little research into either product and see what you think.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Hey JT;
As Jarp mentioned, the paint thickness isn't great so getting a harder finish to ward off stone chips etc is a good investment in my opinion. It's not a dealer paint protection but much harder, and as much as I love washing my car, this makes it so much easier. Maybe do a little research into either product and see what you think.

Ah I thought you were referring to the rip of bullshit that dealers supply, applied by a 16 year old spotty apprentice with no idea of what he is doing.
I have paint protection on my current car (done after market) and it is a worthwhile investment. Although I get mates rates for the materials and do the work myself.
Labour intensive but worth the savings and safe in the knowledge that it's done properly.

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
I watched a couple of interesting videos RE: the Ceramic 9H protection.

I was amazed what they put it through and what it stood up to. I have already found myself a local supplier that can apply it. Best it to get it soon ASAP after getting the car me thinks :)

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
You can dim the mylink screen and dash lights, the control for it is next to the HUD selector.

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
VF series 1 SS Storm ute - probably been mentioned before but the damn interior alarms are driving me nuts! Bong, bong, bong seriously? Drivers side window is auto up and down, you can't stop it mid way like my old VE's. No guide lines of the rear camera, my wifes Corolla has em and I find them useful. Red stitching everywhere but not on the steering wheel?

The alarms are the main gripe and if I can work out a way to even just reduce the volume i'll be happy. The proximity stuff I can just leave turned off I guess.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
VF series 1 SS Storm ute - probably been mentioned before but the damn interior alarms are driving me nuts! Bong, bong, bong seriously?

Chime volume is adjustable between Normal and High -- see page 5-33 of the owner's handbook. Don't think you can turn it off completely though.

Drivers side window is auto up and down, you can't stop it mid way like my old VE's.

The switch is two-positional. Press gently to manually operate the window to any position. Press harder for auto up/down. Took me a little while to realise this!

No guide lines of the rear camera, my wifes Corolla has em and I find them useful.

Your software needs updating -- see relevant thread in this forum.

Red stitching everywhere but not on the steering wheel?

Can't help you there!

The alarms are the main gripe and if I can work out a way to even just reduce the volume i'll be happy. The proximity stuff I can just leave turned off I guess.

Yeah, sometimes I get caught out when the horn toots for no apparent reason, but it's to do with the proximity sensor. Usually happens at 7.30am on a Sunday morning as I'm putting the golf clubs in the car. :)

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Thanks Sir Les! Yeah I turned the volume to normal, maybe I'm just being oversensitive eh? :) I'll get used to it. Thanks for the tip about the window also, i'll check that out. I found the thread about the software update and I'm wading through it now.

The horn tooting thing scared the cr@p outa me the first time LOL, in the future i'll leave the door ajar when I jump out to open / close gates.

Cheers

Bill