Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying **** with VF

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
With the windows I find it easier to press it hard for auto function, then when you want It to stop at a certain point just press it again and the window stops.

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Thanks Pete, I'll give that a shot too!

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I had some extended use of the "horn" today, what a joke!!!!! Seriously, wtf Holden. Most people can yell louder!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I had some extended use of the "horn" today, what a joke!!!!! Seriously, wtf Holden. Most people can yell louder!

At my age and the wife agrees I recon I can fart louder.

CHP73

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF1 Sportwagon
Annoying and upsetting things in my 2014 VF Spwgn. First of all that single clunk/knock somewhere rear under the floor (possibly a diff area) happening only when the car starts moving from a standstill, no matter whether the engine is warm or cold. It happens 8 out of 10 times with either slow or a quick start, no difference, also doesn't matter forward or reverse. It is subtle but you know, it is there.

Another thing is a heating system in this car. It is unacceptable. I could not figure it out for a week or so until I read on the net that it is possibly a factory defect.
It blows cold on a closed circuit until you max it when 10 seconds ago it was still hot on a fresh air mode. It blows identical hot air on 27 and 23 deg, turned down to 22 blows already too cold, it is a long way and play to set it up for your desired temp. Annoying and distracting/dangerous when on the move. Can not say much about the A/C performance as have not used it much yet. The system lets a lot of fumes and odours into the cabin when on the fresh air mode. It improves itself a lot after a pollen/cabin filter installation (mine did not have one at all).

Automatic headlight sensor lives its own life. Goes on when I pass shady areas, under trees etc, then goes off in a while. The Mylink screen brightens and darkens. Gee.
To me, this is a serious device fault and Holden should replace them for less sensitive ones along with that crazy heating system or fix both by software updates if possible.

There are a few more annoying things like creaking door seals coming to life when car goes over speed bumps, is u-turning or turning into a lane with a different level or surface. I know the car body is being twisted to some extent but it feels just tacky when they all creak at once and the car has only 27k on the clock.

The rear hatch (sportwagon) closes with an electric support which is a really nice touch as you don't have to slam it at all but when you are opening it by pushing a button above a numberplate, the hatch latch opens really rough with a thud noise when releasing itself. The opening button rubber cover wears down due to force required to lift the heavy hatch with your fingers. Mine is partly ripped open and the rubber is very thin in the middle. Not the best solution and the hatch opens nice and willingly only in warm weather, needs quite a force to lift itself in winter!

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Re the heating system: there was a software update for early (2013-14) models. Has yours had the update? Also, it is recommended to leave the system on auto operation for best performance. And make sure none of the dashboard vents is fully closed -- this can really mess with the system.

I leave mine on auto and 22° most of the time, and it works well. On very hot days I'll turn it down for greater cooling. And on very cold days -- well, there's the heated seats! :)

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I have a MY16 SV6 Wagon and I can't say that I have really experienced the same issues, but here is some feedback:
- I had a bit of a clunk in the rear but I got them to re-torque the chassis bolts at my first service which cleared up any knocking. The little bolt that holds my towbar tongue in place was also slightly loose, so it let the tongue clunk around. Tightening the bolt removed this.

- Put your A/C system on Auto, it'll perform much better

- Unfortunately gas struts that are used on the lift gate can fail over time due to weather and repeated use. They're cheap to replace so if you are having issues lifting your lift gate pop down to Repco and get some new ones.

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
no side bolster on base of Redline seats
no red stitching on Redline VFII only white stitching
no rear seat cup holders
no CD player in VFII
no chromatic rear-view mirror
left side passenger mirror doesn't dip when parallel parking
They changed the horn sound on VFII to a single tone horn which sounds crap, 2013 VF horn sounded much meatier
the re-circulate button always open the vents and never leaves them on the closed setting, unless you remote start the car

I've bought most of these items to fit back into my VFII SSVR, but how the heck do I re-connect the CD player?

At first I thought it was only the Sportswagon that had rear cup holders in the middle seat but when I went to the dealership to check up some used sedan VF1's i noticed it and when i went to check the VFII's it was not there.

Why did Holden remove it cause now you need to pull the whole middle seat down just to use cup holders,Holden should of placed the cup holders in the center armrest like most cars do.

I have an VFII Calais-V,is there anyway i can add these cup holders in?

2014-Holden-VF-Commodore-SS-V-rear-cup-holder.jpg

CHP73

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF1 Sportwagon
Re the heating system: there was a software update for early (2013-14) models. Has yours had the update? Also, it is recommended to leave the system on auto operation for best performance. And make sure none of the dashboard vents is fully closed -- this can really mess with the system.

I leave mine on auto and 22° most of the time, and it works well. On very hot days I'll turn it down for greater cooling. And on very cold days -- well, there's the heated seats! :)

Ha ha, mine doesn't have heated seats though :)
I will definitely try it run on Auto. Haven't tried that yet as have had this car for a while only.

Regarding updates: I have had Mylink update recently on my request (re reversing camera guidelines). After reading some posts on the Net i decided to visit Holden service to ask them about it. They did it very reluctantly, plus they supposedly fixed one of the latest recalls (adding some cable ties to secure loose wires underneath the car).
The guidelines show up now but the overall quality of reversing cam picture has worsened and it is really noticeable. I never went back to that service though as dealing with them wasn't the most pleasant experience at all. Will have to live with it.
I have no idea whether that update had something to do with the heating settings though. No one told me a word after it was done.
Thanks for the tips!

CHP73

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF1 Sportwagon
I have a MY16 SV6 Wagon and I can't say that I have really experienced the same issues, but here is some feedback:
- I had a bit of a clunk in the rear but I got them to re-torque the chassis bolts at my first service which cleared up any knocking. The little bolt that holds my towbar tongue in place was also slightly loose, so it let the tongue clunk around. Tightening the bolt removed this.

- Put your A/C system on Auto, it'll perform much better

- Unfortunately gas struts that are used on the lift gate can fail over time due to weather and repeated use. They're cheap to replace so if you are having issues lifting your lift gate pop down to Repco and get some new ones.

Thanks for your advice, that chassis bolt re-torquing seems interesting, need to check it for sure.