Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Car....?

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
Hey peoples i will be getting my tax refund soon and am looking at getting another commo so i can have the VN garaged and be able to do some serious work to it without worrying about bein of the road for more than a weekend at a time.

I dont want to spend heaps of cash and am NOT interested in the fastest newer model commo i can buy, this ones a cruiser if i want to flog something ill flog the VN.

I have had a look on redbook.com.au for something that would be an acceptable price/km reading so im looking at

VTII Exec Sedan Man 5sp (or auto but prefer man) 3.8 $6K-$8K or
VX Exec Sedan Man 5sp 3.8 $7,6K - $9,7K

Both with between 90-150,000K's on the clock. Does anyone know of any reason why i should fork out extra dough for a VX over the VTII with the same sort of k's on the clock.

The VX has slightly better fuel consumption and a tad more power according to the sites specs on each car 10.5 vs 11.5 L/100k's and 152Kw vs 147Kw.

Which drives better? bearing in mind i dont want to have to spend more money on the car other than the fuel i put in (and the usual service ****...)

Cheers,
Apoc out.

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
Its stupid i know, but i fckn HATE zip zips, despite the fact they run off a sniff of petrol and are prolly cheap as piss im not really interested. This car will become my main car for goin to work etc for the next few years, i dont want something that cant drive up hills at full pace cause the aircon is on... :)

I figure if i buy a decent 6 and drive it steady it will be a hassle free work car with all the comforts a person needs driving to work at 10 to 6 in tha morning needs (commfy seating, decent aircon/heater, takes bumps in the road :), gets up and goes if need be but just cruises quietly).

Lets face it at the moment my VN with lowered suspension, big exhaust etc, makes a hell of a racket, and aint the gentlest of rides thanks to our crappy roads (newcastle NSW). In the morning now im not in the mood so much i dont want to do the pothole slalom cause ill go crunch, crunch. And i dont need my car to be bellowing out IM GOING 60...... (GOD HELP ME! im turning into an old codger :) )

Anyways opinions on the affore mentioned cars please...

No Rice.. Rice is bad mmkay...

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
VX is the 2nd model of the same style group, so I wouda said that they ironed out some bugs and made the design beter. But other then that I don't really know the differences between them so Ill shut up now :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The VX is very good on fuel, fair bit better than the VT for some reason, plus it looks better :), But the best/cheapest big car to get around for cheap is probably an AU Falcon on lpg

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
after pulling a head off a falcon 6 on thursday i wouldn't buy one. they are a pain in the arse.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
what about a kingsy or a vb-vh commodore they go pretty cheap and most now are on gas too.

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
I must confess i havent looked at the ford side of the fence, id prefer a holden but i guess that automatically wipes half the cars i could buy. As for a pain in the arse to work on, i was hoping i wouldnt have to... but this could be alot of wishful thinking. As for the kingsy etc nah. i want a car thats less than 16 years old (the vn). Sounds like i should do some more research theres not that greater rush, its not like the vns going to need a rebuild tommorrow :whistling :bow: i hope... :)

Cheers all,
Apoc out.

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
id have to vote ur money on a camry, there big still and only 4 cylinder, i know it sounds dumb but u cam pick up a sportivo now for 6000-10 000 if you look around...