Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Hoon Story, - Truely Terrifying

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
/me has lost faith in humanity after reading a number of comments on that article.

Some of those peoples opinions are the truely terrifying thing.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
actually, it is true that pod filters do tend to soak up fuel...someone mentioned earlier about blocked Crank ventilation systems. Although, reality is the underhood temps are are low enough to simply evaporate the fuel away from harmful ignition sources, the MAF is not really an issue as it's all being sucked in past the maf and into the engine, wind speed far too high to succesfuly reach flash point. No, it won't happen with your typical panel filter...it's in a box and oxygen is hard to come by. A pod filter is not. But pod filter sucks are just wrong anyway...wank factor! (flame suit please?!)

That kid with the fuel pump mounted inside the boot? Was a definite problem, I do believe he was a ticking time bomb. Funny....so many were lying to the cops.

Big thumbs up to the Strike force... but Minux is right...perhaps a bit too much money is spent on this.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Who'da thunk, damned if they do, damned if they don't!

HSVchixy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VY Clubsport
we pay lots of dumb people to act dumb, they're just more... liked by the general dumb public. isn't that why the dumbass' are in charge and not the people that actually know what they're talking about... they call the smart people advisors :(

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
It's incredible how the laws differs so much state to state. It's only been within the last couple fo years that the law for pod filters has changed here in WA. You are allowed to have one if it is mounted properly. Mine has a clamp on it and is screwed into the body of the car (under the bonnet of course lol) and it looks great, performance is better and it is safe and legal.

I have had arguments with the police force plenty of times, and i have rung head office when i get back to work or home, and they tell me that unfortunately every time laws and such change, the information isn't passed down straight away, so the cops are still going on old info when they haven't been told different.

it's funny thou how some members of the public already know the law changes, but the police don't......shouldn't they be the first to know? Then maybe then when they do tv interviews and whatever "stings" operations, they will be working with the correct information.

And people wonder why people with modified cars and performance cars are known as the "street underdogs", or the dangers on the roads......ffs people out there.................grow a brain!!!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
actually, it is true that pod filters do tend to soak up fuel...someone mentioned earlier about blocked Crank ventilation systems. Although, reality is the underhood temps are are low enough to simply evaporate the fuel away from harmful ignition sources, the MAF is not really an issue as it's all being sucked in past the maf and into the engine, wind speed far too high to succesfuly reach flash point. No, it won't happen with your typical panel filter...it's in a box and oxygen is hard to come by. A pod filter is not. But pod filter sucks are just wrong anyway...wank factor! (flame suit please?!)

If there is fuel getting soaked into the Pod Filter, the guy has a lot more concerns than the pod going up in flames. I would be concerned with the entire engine bay going up in flames due to poor maintenance. Whilst I agree the fuel pump in the boot sounds a bit dodgy and pod filters are for fags, pod filters are not dangerous. Unmaintained and neglected cars are much more dangerous and a bigger threat to other drivers than a bloke with a modified exhaust who loves his car.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
"we are going to have to impound your car"
"why?"
"it looks as if you are running an air filter. air filters are dangerous items that can explode and would never be fitted from factory. you need to be taught a good hard lesson for running an air filter"

but yeah seriously, i'm sick of all these hoons with their pod filters and canon exhausts. damn hoons imagine all the hooning they can do with those modifications you don't even need to catch them hooning to know that they are hoons.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
That's it.

I've had enough..... I'm filling my engine bay full of pod filters, welding my bonnet shut, and taking up smoking.

Hopefully they'll be too scared of my car exploding to pull me over.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
That's it.

I've had enough..... I'm filling my engine bay full of pod filters, welding my bonnet shut, and taking up smoking.

Hopefully they'll be too scared of my car exploding to pull me over.

hahaha so extreme.

cannons/pods/whatever aren't dangerous - granted they make you look like a fool but
since when was that illegal?

maybe we should give them some truly bad examples of dangerously modified cars..

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
hahaha so extreme.

cannons/pods/whatever aren't dangerous - granted they make you look like a fool but
since when was that illegal?

maybe we should give them some truly bad examples of dangerously modified cars..

Well in some states they are illegal if they arent mounted correctly. From what I understand they have to be mounted to the body in some way so they dont flap around in the engine bay. To be fair to the cops, Ive only seen a handful of properlly mounted pods. Still a far stretch from exploding.