Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Another kiwi turbo VS

akuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8T Executive
should of gutted the integra and k20'd it!!! would of floged a turbo'd vs
LOL, very long story..
hmmm maybe but i have big plans for this thing and I forgot to add there was a HX40 hanging off the engine in the integra!

akuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8T Executive
Right i have completed (with the help of JOEMAMA chur bro) both manifolds and 90%of the x over pipe heres a couple of pics..

trialfit3.jpg

trialfit1.jpg

trailfit2.jpg

Its still a little way to go but it was time for an update..
Cheers..

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
nice job on the manifolds and cross over pipe!!! looks good. K20 would look nicer....... haha nah but good job looks pretty clean keep up the good work

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
good work man, look tops... just a question on the crossover's, wouldnt it of been better if they were bigger? im only asking because i have no idea and ive seen other turbo'd ecotechs with bigger crossovers

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
actually with turbos retaining heat and keeping exhaust velocity high (back pressure) is key to turbo effeincy so in some ways smaller is better. i personally wouldnt have made the pipe work so long but those merge collectors are nice did you make them yourselves using con reducers or a they pre fabricated bought ones??

akuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8T Executive
nice job on the manifolds and cross over pipe!!! looks good. K20 would look nicer....... haha nah but good job looks pretty clean keep up the good work
Honestly I know!!! LOL Ive got some awsome pics of my integra With the B16 turbo!!

good work man, look tops... just a question on the crossover's, wouldnt it of been better if they were bigger? im only asking because i have no idea and ive seen other turbo'd ecotechs with bigger crossovers
They are actually quite big, i think that due to the size of everything else they just look a touch small.

actually with turbos retaining heat and keeping exhaust velocity high (back pressure) is key to turbo effeincy so in some ways smaller is better. i personally wouldnt have made the pipe work so long but those merge collectors are nice did you make them yourselves using con reducers or a they pre fabricated bought ones??

Pretty much on the ball apart from the back pressure part, reducing back pressure between the turbo and the engine is a very important area, I honestly could write a book on this relating to camshafts, exhaust wheels and exhaust housing but maybe some other time.
There is a very good reason to making long collectors:
1: I have tried to equalize the length of the two sides as much as possible with the crossover pipe.
2: When it comes to headers longer is better (to a certain extent). Once again a science lesson in itself but believe me it is!

Anyway im getting all the fittings to day to oil it up, and I should be able to give it a fire up to check for leaks. when my piping kit gets here for the Intercooler I will be able to go for a quick spin LOL cant wait!!

akuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8T Executive
all bad, my drill didnt fit my 19mm drill bit.. Off to buy another drill tommorow.
Oh well got the oil feed done!

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
sup lads, just bought myself a turbo set up for my vs wagon 3.8 v6,
any knoladge would be appriciated.

akuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8T Executive
hi, all
jut thought I would update my progress..

I have bought a Toyota Aristo.
2JZ-GTE powered..

So therefore I will be selling my commodore.