Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another mechanics are F!#*ed thread

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well, out of every mechanic or someone to do with cars in this town, exhausts, electrics, mechanical, panel, each and every one has failed with one thing or another. Not bad odds really. Out of around 20.

I think I need to start my own shop.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Rockhampton. Any help is all good, I've got mates working at various places but most of them are after hours jobs that don't suit me.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Maybe mechanics can start a "Customers are ****ed" thread, I bet you will get more stories of ********s than this type of thread.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'd believe it.

But on the other hand they're the ones getting paid to deal with our **** and do the job right. We're not.

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
I take it that at least 80% of people that take their cars to a workshop, be it panel, paint or mechanical in some form, lack the ability, tools, time and skills to do the job themselves.

It is unfortunate that the work at times can be performed poorly (and I will be first to admit it happens) , or to a standard that is not of a tradesman, but to paint the picture after 1,2 or even 10 bad experiences that all mechanics are ****ed is completely ridiculous.

How many people come on here and praise the work of their mechanic when a good job has been done? Or they track down a problem that YOU couldn't find?

None.

I work as a truck mechanic, and I get sick and tired of uneducated wankers telling me how a truck works, or whats wrong with (and how to fix) their hydraulics, brakes, trailers etc. How many times do mechanics come on here claiming ALL (or any) customers are ****ed?

Why dont we all complain everytime something goes wrong? I had McDonalds breakfast today, I had to wait longer then my Dad for my food and they had no Orange Juice, so quite obviously EVERY McDonalds is ****ed and no one should ever go there again.

There are avenues that can be taken if work has been performed poorly, one of them most certainly isnt coming onto a website claiming that ALL mechanics are ****ed. What does complaining on an Internet forum achieve anyway?

Last edited:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Apart from having a winge, nothing.

To be honest I praised both of the mechanics I had been too most recently on a local forum, telling people to take their cars to them. Only to be screwed over in the end.

Bad news travels heaps faster then good news. But if your honestly a good mechanic then you won't have any problems with people thinking mechanics are ****ed, because at the end of the month they'll be looking for a new place to go.

I'd love to become a mechanic, but if anything I'd be doing it 1 car at a time. Just so I could put 100% into that car and treat it like my own. Anyway that's my ranting done for this thread.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The problem is that you can't work on just one car at a time. Sometimes there is a hold up on parts, a customer comes in with a "5 minute" job that turns into 2 hours, or one of your guys calls in sick so you have to share the work around a bit more. Also, I think you would find that if you put all of that love into every car, you would soon go broke. Time is money and taking too long to do a job will cost you. I'm not making excuses, but as Hillerus said, a few bad experiences doesn't make all mechanics ****ed.