Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another overheating vs...

Whales

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Series 3 Ute, manual. Hz Pano 5.0L injected
sounds logical enough...auto elec would do that wont they?

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
Try and find a workshop with a laser thermometer. This is a weird one..

Whales

Reaction score
Members Ride
Will do, cheers for ya help mate

Whales

Reaction score
Members Ride
Found the problem this morning, noticed the coolant would drop to a certain level overnight so I put a rubber mat underneath and kept topping it up for about 20 minutes and there it is on the left hand side and above the water pump but back a little further was the smallest leak of coolant :( would this be cracked head or gasket???

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
if the engine is dirty give it a REALLY good clean around where the leak is from, it could be a simple gasket.

Whales

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh gave it a full clean before I put the water pump on and couldnt believe how clean it came up, hoping its just a gasket...think I might have to start taking it apart

Whales

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now I cant find the leak and it seems all tight and double checked... Took it for a drive and only started to over heat when I was close to home... Fml

Miss_BB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
I can't believe it but mine is doing the same thing. except no leaks. I too have replaced the entire cooling system with brand new parts, bled the air out and by now have replaced the coolant about 5 times over with all the parts replaced. It was originally pressure tested when all this first started and showed nothing wrong. I am so over it, i know havn't been able to use my car properly for 2 weeks.

If you figure it out can you let me know? I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Whales

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh 2 easy, this car is killing me...then my utes starter motor seems to be going now aswell...does it ever end?!?! Lol

67wogval

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
My vr was the same, replaced everything new, only thing was it never went through water and had no leaks, just once in a blue moon it will over heat. Anyway i took a punt and bought some stop leak for head gaskets ect when one day i noticed a fair amount of water coming out of the cat convertor when ideling for 5 mins or so in the driveway...and the car has never over heated since...So my guess was, it was the smallest of a head gasket problem, and it would only effect the motor sometimes....anyway it worked for me.