Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another recall

dantheman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Just had my 3000k Service this morning and found the VF/WN has been issued another recall this week.

It's for a Ball joint issue, where they re-torque it according to the invoice. Letters should start arriving soon

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
No letters for this one, it's a service update (so get it as it comes through dealerships) as opposed to a safety recall.

mick tucka

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss storm
just booked my car in for its 15000k service and to get the electric power steering recall fixed. Luckily i seen this about the ball joint and when i mentioned it to the service department , they said "oh yeah that has to be done as well". Thanks for putting this on the forum otherwise it would have went in again another day.

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I got my 30k service done last week, got the electric park brake recall done as well as the ball joint retorque. I never had to remind them (even though i did) as they had it on record.

Last edited:

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I got my 30k service done last week, got the electric park brake recall done as well as the ball joint retorque. I never had to remind them (even though i did) as they had it on record.

Park brake? Or do you mean steering? A brake recall has escaped my attention.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
When I took my Calais V in for the power steering recall and they said I could wait for it which I did. I saw them take the car in, and 15 mins later I was able to and take it home. When I said it was very quick, I was told it is just a lubrication and not a replacement of anything. Can anyone confirm this thanks.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
They inject a gel into the harness that the eps plugs into.

The time it takes is because they need to remove the lower splash guard to access where the harness is located.

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG S-Pack Ute M5 (L27) and VF2 SS A6 (LS3)
The Gel is called Nyogel.

From June 2017. US Chev SS 'Commodores' 2014-16 were being recalled for full replacement of the EPS with a new unit that replaced the standard plating connector with a gold plated connector version to eliminate the fretting issue that seemingly was affecting LHD cars more than our RHD units. Don't know why they haven't done the same here... Anyone know why and whats going on there in Fisherman Bend, Melbourne? See attached documents from USA.

Attachments

• RMISC-17V382-5255.pdf
    185.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 4704524 GM Bulletin.pdf
    844.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

16SSWag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS Black wagon
The Gel is called Nyogel.

From June 2017. US Chev SS 'Commodores' 2014-16 were being recalled for full replacement of the EPS with a new unit that replaced the standard plating connector with a gold plated connector version to eliminate the fretting issue that seemingly was affecting LHD cars more than our RHD units. Don't know why they haven't done the same here... Anyone know why and whats going on in Port Melbourne? See attached files.
Good info, my suffers from intermittent power steer loss will see what my dealer says