Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another scam on the just commodores forum - beware

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
There is an ad popping up all over the Forum for a guy allegedly trying to sell a very nice looking white 2006 VE SS model commodore at over 50% off retail value.

It is on this page and also often pops up at random against a forum member's thread.
Just Commodores - For All Your Holden Commodore Needs

If you see the ad and click on it it will take you to this site:

2006 HOLDEN COMMODORE VE SS - For sale - $14,500

The person behind this fraud is calling himself Jake Jones with no information on his or the car's location (many of these scammers operate out of the UK) and the plates on the car are obliterated (because the pictures have been ripped off another site).

There is no phone number of course(there never is with this scam) and you can only contact the guy through a Yahoo email address. Standard operating procedure.

These people will attempt to get you to pay them the full price if you are gullible enough and, failing that, a very large deposit to secure the car. Then you will never see your money again and of course there is no car for sale.

You will probably be told the non-existent car is in Darwin or some other remote location and that the vehicle can only be shipped to you when you have at least paid a large deposit. You may then be told that that the balance can be paid when you have received the car and are satisfied with it's condition.

If you ask to inspect the car or have someone inspect it for you then you will find you cannot and if you pursue this you will suddenly find the communication with you ceases. There is no car to inspect so no surprises there.

These scammers have been operating on ebay for a considerable time with various makes of vehicle and are now popping up on various car forums like this one. So don't be fooled.

This is a lucrative scam if you can get 20 or 30 gullible people to pay a $10000 deposit for a car that does not exist before you pull down the ad and put up a new one.

Frankly I don't know why the JC administrators permit this kind of paid advertising to appear on the Forum when it is so obviously a fraud and a well known one at that.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
huh, where does it appear?

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
Minux, Turn off adblock.

Its the small ad top middle on the front page. Its through google ads.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
yeah saw that, it was in the top banner "contact seller directly 50% off ", dirty ****en dogs. I would literally ram my fist through their scull. I really really can not stand scamming fu*ks.

About two years ago while i was trying to sell a notebook, i was contacted by a guy "studying" in states that wanted to buy my laptop and have it sent to his father in Nigeria as a surprise, when i read it I laughed my ass off, then thought what a ****en dog.I got an email from ebay as well warning me. So i replied to him with that his email will be forwarded to AFP, so he replied and told me to go **** myself. lol ah.... low lives

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
SV6SidUTE

The ad just popped up against your post as it will randomly against various posts on the JC Forum.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
why dont we have some fun with this asshole??

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
it is a google ad, take it up with google, justcommodores just has google ads on the site. the ads popping up mid post is a vbulletin glitch, and darren the administrator is working to fix that.