Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any advice on my issues?

VScrapper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Somewhat of an update.. I have sourced a T5 ecotec computer (so ive been told.) The label reads 3.8 man efi, it has two plugs rather than three which is correct for ecotec t5 ..right?

My only issue is now a loom.. The car currently runs and drives, i also have reverse lights. So im assuming when it was converted using the auto loom and computer, they did the correct things. Its just the fact that it stalls when stopping and holds revs when starting that bugs me.

Ive read that trying to use a manual computer with a auto loom can be worse than using an auto computer.. is this true or can a auto loom be chopped to suit?

In the meantime ill keep searching for a loom.. is there a difference in manual looms between the getrag and t5 or is it just the computer?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The majority of your problems relate to the fact it has the wrong PCM and wiring loom. As mentioned earlier the auto PCM doesn't recognise the signal from the T5 VSS. the PCM uses the VSS signal to determine when to go into idle mode which is based on road speed.

There are differences between the 2 manual looms, the getrag uses the same VSS as the auto and the same pin in the plug going to the pcm, the T5 VSS signal goes to a different pin on the PCM.

Also, there should be a 8 letter/number code on the PCM. For ecotec T5 transmissions you should have one of the following,
BPYP1466
BSTJ1446
BWLS1281
BWLU1285
BWPK1634

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yes getrag loom is different to t5. Actually, getrag loom is exactly the same as the auto loom, just without the wires for the auto.

VScrapper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
The majority of your problems relate to the fact it has the wrong PCM and wiring loom. As mentioned earlier the auto PCM doesn't recognise the signal from the T5 VSS. the PCM uses the VSS signal to determine when to go into idle mode which is based on road speed.

There are differences between the 2 manual looms, the getrag uses the same VSS as the auto and the same pin in the plug going to the pcm, the T5 VSS signal goes to a different pin on the PCM.

Also, there should be a 8 letter/number code on the PCM. For ecotec T5 transmissions you should have one of the following,
BPYP1466
BSTJ1446
BWLS1281
BWLU1285
BWPK1634

Thankyou for the info. On the PCM i can't see those particular codes.. so i may have been jipped here haha.

What i can see is the following;
Service no. 16183082
3.8L Man EFI
16205088 then to the other side is BLCD
And finally what im assuming is the barcode number.

Is there a page/thread at all thatll help me figure out what computer i actually have? (Ill search in the meantime.)

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Thankyou for the info. On the PCM i can't see those particular codes.. so i may have been jipped here haha.

What i can see is the following;
Service no. 16183082
3.8L Man EFI
16205088 then to the other side is BLCD
And finally what im assuming is the barcode number.

Is there a page/thread at all thatll help me figure out what computer i actually have? (Ill search in the meantime.)
Ah that’s a vr v6/v8 and vs v8 manual computer. Won’t suit VS v6 manual. However as I said those computers are worth a bitso you may be able to even make some money to cover the cost of the correct computer/loom.

Just checked the link I posted above and they’ve advertised that one incorrectly too

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
YEp ^^^ that's on the money...

BLCD is VR V6 manual PCM.