Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any golfers out there?

Unconnected

Reaction score
Members Ride
Impreza/Redline VF soon
i have a full set of Maxfli (sp?) clubs, cost me about 500$ and they are great, they make cheaper sets, i guess around your price range, and i would deff reccomend you take a look at them.

watch out for ebay though, heaps of chinese fakes/crap on it. if you ever in NSW check out Golfmart, the other day they had a huge sale, they were selling things half price nearly.

(other day = before xmas :p)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Juzo, So I take it you got the Top Flite set?

Yep, they were the better value for money set that they had there so i went for them.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Just to keep this thread going...

Iron heads are usually made from two types of steel. One is '17-4' stainless steel and the other is '431 stainless steel' Most Irons seem to be made from 17-4. Even My Tommy Armour 845. But once you try an iron made from 431 you'll never go back. 431 is a very high strength grade steel but when you hit a shot off the sweet spot it's like hitting nothing at all. As some people describe it it's like hitting butter. I get goose bumps just thinking about it. :D

Should also mention that Bridgestone makes some fantastic golf clubs.

blackdoggg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
ha how appropriate, just closed a store we ran selling discount golf gear.
IMO check out Wilson, they cater very well for everylevel
They have well priced, and good quality gear for begining, and then build up from there to top of the line stuff. In all honesty i would go with them.
I just started again after about a year and a half off (still working in golf stores, just not playing) but going out for a whack on monday! cant wait!