Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any good alloytec mail order tunes

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You have an ECM. LS1 had a module for throttle control. Has the trans module. Has a BCM.

Did you get a box in the post with a replacement ECM?

KAR77

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS 5.7 Auto
Bit sceptical myself losh1971 I'm not expecting it to be a plug & play perfection, it's a weekend cruiser that still needs work & I am enjoying my new found hobby, it will definitely be checked out by a local dyno tuner as I'm not looking for the deposit back ( keep it just in case) but at the end of the day I just want some extra HP once everything is sorted with this I'll cam it not sure what cam I'll go for but a work in progress.

KAR77

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS 5.7 Auto
You have an ECM. LS1 had a module for throttle control. Has the trans module. Has a BCM.

Did you get a box in the post with a replacement ECM?
Stick to your six

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bit sceptical myself losh1971 I'm not expecting it to be a plug & play perfection, it's a weekend cruiser that still needs work & I am enjoying my new found hobby, it will definitely be checked out by a local dyno tuner as I'm not looking for the deposit back ( keep it just in case) but at the end of the day I just want some extra HP once everything is sorted with this I'll cam it not sure what cam I'll go for but a work in progress.
If you have a spare $120 it would be worthwhile throwing it on the dyno and getting a print out of the results. Then posting that up on here to see if some of those who know a fair bit about tuning can provide some input.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

KAR77

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS 5.7 Auto
If you have a spare $120 it would be worthwhile throwing it on the dyno and getting a print out of the results. Then posting that up on here to see if some of those who know a fair bit about tuning can provide some input.
Definitely on the cards , like I was saying work in progress but will definitely do that & appreciate any feedback from more experienced enthusiasts.

KAR77

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS 5.7 Auto
My apologies Fu Manchu mate I've had a long week no excuse really but for what it's worth only ECU no connections as apparently unlocked so I'm not 100% but just needs to be paired up with BCM, PIM, Keys I'm actually waiting for instructions, what actually happened is they were late on delivery & rushed the order & left out instructions, mate I'm no bloody expert as I've mentioned I'm very new to the LS mods scene anyways champ once installed & a dyno print is done good or bad will be posted for future reference for other tuners & enthusiasts. Have a good 1 mate .

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its ok. I have done some digging found it.
Having a PCM was what older models commonly had.
Now they are ECM/ECU and do a more specific job than the PCM's did. They would have a chip/card that would be inserted in them and that makes sense for the price but not if its for a VZ because you'd end up with a chip for a PCM and the car doesn't have one.

From what I make of it, it doesn't deliver a preloaded performance tune. It offers only the platform for one. So a tuner would do it. Unlocked and the OS of choice. Seemed odd to me that for $350 you get a physical ECU. Like these things are not on tap anymore. Seems too cheap.
Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 3.37.53 pm.png

They also don't ask for the one you have in return. Again odd. How are these being sourced?

I don't understand these. A decent tuner would do all that for you with what you have.

As for VIN matching, yes this also seems odd. Your car will effectively be free for anyone to steal using the old methods unless a supplementary security system is installed, or they come to the party with instructions on how to flash the VIN to them.

https://turboindustries.com.au/coll...ce-no-12586242-p59-suit-holden-vz-ls1-5-7l-v8

As for V6, these are also harder to find than once before. It is part of why a few other businesses had given away selling them.
https://turboindustries.com.au/collections/vehicle-control-modules-ecu-ecm-pcm-tcm-bcm

KAR77

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS 5.7 Auto
Its ok. I have done some digging found it.
Having a PCM was what older models commonly had.
Now they are ECM/ECU and do a more specific job than the PCM's did. They would have a chip/card that would be inserted in them and that makes sense for the price but not if its for a VZ because you'd end up with a chip for a PCM and the car doesn't have one.

From what I make of it, it doesn't deliver a preloaded performance tune. It offers only the platform for one. So a tuner would do it. Unlocked and the OS of choice. Seemed odd to me that for $350 you get a physical ECU. Like these things are not on tap anymore. Seems too cheap.View attachment 263715

They also don't ask for the one you have in return. Again odd. How are these being sourced?

I don't understand these. A decent tuner would do all that for you with what you have.

As for VIN matching, yes this also seems odd. Your car will effectively be free for anyone to steal using the old methods unless a supplementary security system is installed, or they come to the party with instructions on how to flash the VIN to them.

https://turboindustries.com.au/coll...ce-no-12586242-p59-suit-holden-vz-ls1-5-7l-v8

As for V6, these are also harder to find than once before. It is part of why a few other businesses had given away selling them.
https://turboindustries.com.au/collections/vehicle-control-modules-ecu-ecm-pcm-tcm-bcm
Actually set me back $299 for the PCM & a further $250 deposit yeah bud just waiting ATM for install instructions but interesting on anti theft , ya always hear about vehicles being rebirths in Aus but never really think twice about giving your vehicle's details to make sure that the mods fit , definitely will be having some mods done to ensure that doesn't happen but even then doesn't take much to drag on to a trailer