Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any mechanics out there? Help.....please!

chinabone2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 2000mdl exec vl berlina
OK THIS IS TE SAME PROBLEM I HAVE THEN MY RADIATOR CAP ON THE BOTTOM HAS THE RUSTY COLOUR ON IT. SO HOW DO I FLUSH THE HEATER CORE ???? AS ILL DO THIS SOON BUT I THINK MY MOTOR IS PAST SAVING
soz bout caps fellas

redtamada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive A4
After much frustration and still no fix I have used some chemiweld as a temporary fix until I can afford to sort it out properly and it seems to have sorted it for the time being. Thanks to all who helped try solve this prob. Cheers.

jimmyleisa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
redtamada, mate this maybe out of the blue but how are your thermo fans working? I had a vn that had a problem very similar to what you are talking about and it occured when i was on a 10hr drive sunny coast to mackay. i ended up hard wiring the thermos to the battery for a road side bodge up and it fixed the issue. perhaps this may work for you as a test, I dont know, but i just thought i would throw it out there for you.

VL-VP-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Statesman GEN III
just my 2 cents worth, if you are getting air in your cooling system and losing coolant with no visible signs of loss, dripping on the ground etc, the most likely case would be the head gasket, ( this doen't mean you should have milky oil) if the gasket is blown there are 2 sides to a head gasket you can get a leak from one of the water ports directly into a cylinder bore with out actually affecting the oil, if the motor has overheated it would most likely to be a warped or cracked head/blown gasket, which of course would allow coolant to get into a cylinder, and also the motor would run rough, maybe not all the time as at different temperatures and coolant pressure would be a factor.
I don't believe a blocked heater core would be the problem, the only problem with a blocked heater core would be your heater, as a heater core has a tap on it anyways when you turn your knob from red to blue on the heater control you are actually BLOCKING coolant from flowing through your heater core.