Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anybody seen a used Magnum ute for sale?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How realistic / accurate is redbook though ?

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Don't think I have seen one for under $60k yet? New or used.

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Magnums are around $69k based on carsales, while MSEs are around 67-68k.
Out of curiosity I checked out how many motorsports were available and was shocked to see so many for sale on carsales (38ish) with a huge range in prices being asked for cars with very similar ks. Its a good thing many people are planning on keeping their cars for a while because it is certainly a buyers market for motorsports right now. Magnums on the other hand....

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Out of curiosity I checked out how many motorsports were available and was shocked to see so many for sale on carsales (38ish) with a huge range in prices being asked for cars with very similar ks. Its a good thing many people are planning on keeping their cars for a while because it is certainly a buyers market for motorsports right now. Magnums on the other hand....

Very true. Magnums are obviously rarer and IMO more special.
There are lots of people trying to sell MSEs at close to what they paid so they don't lose too much money but the reality is most people overpaid at launch due to dealer delivery charges and with so many cars up for ~$68k sales above that price are unlikely.

I think MSEs with delivery kms in 10-15 years will be worth something, but most driven MSEs will be lucky to retain their original value.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
How realistic / accurate is redbook though ?
Redbook uses the next closest possible model as an example of resale, until credible resale data for the specific model comes in.
With so few real Magnums being sold, most likely they’ll be extrapolating from Redline resale.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Redbook uses the next closest possible model as an example of resale, until credible resale data for the specific model comes in.
With so few real Magnums being sold, most likely they’ll be extrapolating from Redline resale.

So in short.....not very.