Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone dissapointed with their W375 Package

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Sams have done some work on my previous car and a mate's GTS. Can't fault them.

There's a mob called Autotech in Granville that did a supercharger package on a mate's Toyota 86. Top notch job, very professional. They're more into ricers, but have also done the odd V8

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
If you went back to the same tuner and upgraded to a supercharger some of the equipment you've already installed will most likely suffice and many tuners would only charge you for a top up tune or in some cases where they appreciate the return business, they wouldn't charge you at all.

thats true but i meant it may change you need eg header tube sizes and exhaust size so if the op decided what he wanted first it would make it easier and cheaper in the long run

Jscaff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2
thats true but i meant it may change you need eg header tube sizes and exhaust size so if the op decided what he wanted first it would make it easier and cheaper in the long run

Yeh I already told c a auto fashion not to do just the 385kw and go straight into a supercharger but he can't fit it in this year and said it won't cost you much extra if you decide to get a supercharger next

Jscaff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2
Go straight for the supercharger, you wont be disappointed...

The other thing is I haven't driven a supercharger before lol is it all about letting go of the accelerator at the times etc I mean I'm only going to learn in a big open place first so I know what it's going to do lol can't wait

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's like driving any car really, just more power.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Not just 1st or 2nd...lol. Whether it's from a supercharger or not, you do need to get used to the extra power, as it can really bite you

i just pretend i'm driving in the wet.............even when it's dry

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
The other thing is I haven't driven a supercharger before lol is it all about letting go of the accelerator at the times etc I mean I'm only going to learn in a big open place first so I know what it's going to do lol can't wait
Driving a SC car is just the same as driving a NA V8 I have driven sedans, wagon and a ute ranging from 480rwhp to well over 700rwhp the control is all in you right foot, what I am saying is to get the fun out of your car now is you tramp it to the floor do this in a SC car you will find the back wheels overtaking you with lots of smoke SC is instant power once you find that point between traction and no traction you will love it.
Do not be scared of it and don't just take your foot of the go peddle you have to ease back the power.
Find a quiet street where you have nothing to hit and just find the sweet spot and go see your local tyre store make sure he has a new set of rear tires for you in stock...

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Driving a SC car is just the same as driving a NA V8 I have driven sedans, wagon and a ute ranging from 480rwhp to well over 700rwhp the control is all in you right foot, what I am saying is to get the fun out of your car now is you tramp it to the floor do this in a SC car you will find the back wheels overtaking you with lots of smoke SC is instant power once you find that point between traction and no traction you will love it.
Do not be scared of it and don't just take your foot of the go peddle you have to ease back the power.
Find a quiet street where you have nothing to hit and just find the sweet spot and go see your local tyre store make sure he has a new set of rear tires for you in stock...

After mine had a blower fitted I was like wow, need to be careful with this now. After a short time it is exactly like Maloo said. Once you get to know the car it is no different really. Sure if you want to be silly you can have interesting times, but sensible driving and it is fine. My car has never done anything that I wasn't expecting; no surprises. Good tune, good rubber, know your car= no different from normal driving. In fact while I still love it, there are times that I now think "Is that all there is"? LOL

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Opening up this old thread again. Really after some feedback.
For those with the W375 kits how are they finding them 6 months - 1 year on. Still worth the upgrade over standard. Any problems or things to watch for with the parts.
How is the exhaust sound compared to standard one. I find the standard one quite nice and love it on start up. Also tone is really nice when driving hard. Is Walkinshaw same/better. I know ill loose sound enhancer, hopefully wont matter to much.

Ideally can save 3k by doing it at local shop, but seeing car is new. Want to keep factory warranty. Also shop in NZ who does Walkinshaw kits does a custom tune on it. And are sure they can get more than what Walkinshaw claims.
My only other issue is in NZ it cost about 9k. So really not that cheap and want to know if difference is really that much more over standard. Im finding the factory 304kw pertty taim now.

Last edited: