Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got a WK Statesman?

Peach89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Maybe i should use stock unit.. but not sure
I was thinking the roof controls would be connected someway to the steering wheel controls maybe.. ahwell.. all a learning process i spose
cheers for the help

TRIMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Stato
getting my headunit fitted soon let u know how i go :)

Dan1211

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Hey, I've recently installed a double-din head unit in my wk statesman without knowing that you lose date and time etc. At first I was really disappointed but I've started to work around it.

Firstly, I've been told you can get holden to program the centre console screen to show the correct date and time. I'll find out for sure on the 30th November as I'm taking my car in for a service then.
Secondly, your awesome double din head unit should be awesome enough to show the time and volume etc. on its own screen. This means you'll just have to deal with the top screen displaying the wrong date and time for the time being.
Thirdly, you do lose steering wheel controls, but jb sell a wiring kit which they charge around $297 for. This will make them work. It's really expensive so I've decided to go without it until I finish my sound system.

Despite the loss of controlling date and time, plus steering controls - you get a second screen to display it for you, you get bluetooth, you get ipod connectivity, you get gps, you get a better equaliser, you get a dvd player. Above all, the amount of losses does not compare to the amount of gains. I personally think its worth it, because the steering controls can be fixed, and you wont be disconnecting your battery once you get your sound system down so yeah =].

And just so you know, don't get your head unit installed at jb. I got jb to install my head unit and when they did, I lost my parcel shelf speakers - BUT me and my mate got everything re-wired and it works fine.

N

nscheg

Yeah got a sweet Alpine unit with all the above features. Autobarn sell a wiring kit that will allow steering wheel controls to work for around $100 - I bought one of these and did the install myself and it's all working well.
I'm not overly stressed about the time/date issue. Didn't have the issue with losing the subs on the parcel shelf. It all works superbly.

Reaperwars

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK caprice
Hi all theres an easy fix for fixing the date and time with out using the original head unit and it dont cost anything by holding the auto and temp up drivers side for 5 secs with ignition on then using the temp controls to reset the time and date hope it helps after market head units are so much better sound and features

zackod

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden wk caprice
Hey, I've recently installed a double-din head unit in my wk statesman without knowing that you lose date and time etc. At first I was really disappointed but I've started to work around it.

Firstly, I've been told you can get holden to program the centre console screen to show the correct date and time. I'll find out for sure on the 30th November as I'm taking my car in for a service then.
Secondly, your awesome double din head unit should be awesome enough to show the time and volume etc. on its own screen. This means you'll just have to deal with the top screen displaying the wrong date and time for the time being.
Thirdly, you do lose steering wheel controls, but jb sell a wiring kit which they charge around $297 for. This will make them work. It's really expensive so I've decided to go without it until I finish my sound system.

Despite the loss of controlling date and time, plus steering controls - you get a second screen to display it for you, you get bluetooth, you get ipod connectivity, you get gps, you get a better equaliser, you get a dvd player. Above all, the amount of losses does not compare to the amount of gains. I personally think its worth it, because the steering controls can be fixed, and you wont be disconnecting your battery once you get your sound system down so yeah =].

And just so you know, don't get your head unit installed at jb. I got jb to install my head unit and when they did, I lost my parcel shelf speakers - BUT me and my mate got everything re-wired and it works fine.

Hey don't know if you still remember how you wired you're hu or if u still even go on this site. but I'm having an issue with getting the trigger wire to the stock amp connected. Everything looks fine but I can't get the amp to power up when the hu is powered on. I can't figure out how it's meant to be set up. Any ideas?

MRCAPRICE03

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice—e3 r8 maloo
Hey don't know if you still remember how you wired you're hu or if u still even go on this site. but I'm having an issue with getting the trigger wire to the stock amp connected. Everything looks fine but I can't get the amp to power up when the hu is powered on. I can't figure out how it's meant to be set up. Any ideas?
Yea old thread i know, but im having the same drama did you get it sorted or go another way?

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
I just used an Aeropro harness, everything just worked.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I just used an Aeropro harness, everything just worked.
I don't suppose that includes the rear roof controls, I wouldn't mind getting mine working again.

MRCAPRICE03

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice—e3 r8 maloo
Im hoping their tied into the steering wheel, unsure though be a bonus if they were