Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Anyone had their 5 litre dyno tuned?

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
hey m8 dont know where ur from but in bayswater (dynomotive) they do it for 700. juz thought it might help. up to u though

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
I've had my car tuned. To be honest you would be crazy to get a relatively stock car tuned (the exception to this would be LS based engines). Yes it will improve the responsiveness and drivability of the car, but for the money you would be better off doing other things.

Give greenfoam a copy of the dyno sheets/afr's and see what he can do :thumbsup:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I was going to adjust it but he wants to have it tuned on the dyno so that's ok, it will end the same at least while the car is cold and on the dyno

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
That's it ;) Thanks for the help guys lol

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I've had my car tuned. To be honest you would be crazy to get a relatively stock car tuned (the exception to this would be LS based engines). Yes it will improve the responsiveness and drivability of the car, but for the money you would be better off doing other things.

Give greenfoam a copy of the dyno sheets/afr's and see what he can do :thumbsup:

Like what? Cams? Blowers? Heads? I'm not doing anything of that in the next 5 years, not a chance. Considering my tax return pays for this, and it saves me the fart assing around with sending memcals back and forth via post to Foamy, i don't mind spending the cash. If it saves me effort and using up my lunchbreaks running up to post offices, it's money well spent.

Everyone is acting like $1000 is gonna tear you down and put you in debt for a million years. It's not that big of an amount of money.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Like what? Cams? Blowers? Heads? I'm not doing anything of that in the next 5 years, not a chance. Considering my tax return pays for this, and it saves me the fart assing around with sending memcals back and forth via post to Foamy, i don't mind spending the cash. If it saves me effort and using up my lunchbreaks running up to post offices, it's money well spent.

Everyone is acting like $1000 is gonna tear you down and put you in debt for a million years. It's not that big of an amount of money.
It's not that large a sum of money until you look at the gains though Cobez. You might gain all of 2rwkw in the top end for your $1000.
Get the car ready for all the big mods in the future, put the money towards upgrading the brakes or suspension compnents, etc

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
It's obvious no one is listening (as per usual), so i'll post it in capital letters for those who are hard of reading:

IF IT SAVES ME RUNNING BACK AND FORTH TO THE POST OFFICE USING UP ANY WORK BREAKS I HAVE, IT'S WORTH THE $1000.

Yes i would get the same gain from Foamy, i don't doubt that, but Foamy doesn't live close by, and he is a busy man, it involves getting to a post office, getting a post pack and sending the chip off, waiting for him to complete it which he i'm sure wouldn't do straight away as he has a life like most of us and has other things to do, then wait for it to come back, then if it needs touch ups, it needs to be sent back and the process done all over again.

Most likely the major mods will never be done, i don't really wanna fork out a gutload of cash having the block pulled apart for pistons, cam etc, i say i'd like it done now, but as with the majority of people on this forum, never have it happen. Mine is due to being lazy and will probably lose interest and buy a "sensible" car in the next two to three years ;)

I don't mind paying the extra for convinience. It's not denting my savings in any way, i drive it down, have it tuned, done. If it needs a touch up, i call them , bang car is straight back in. This is most likely the last "major" thing that will be done to the car bar maybe a set of Pacies down the track. Maybe.

Thanks for the "help" guys, very helpful as per usual. If a mod can be arsed, delete this thread, if not, i'm done with it.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
It's a public forum so you are always going to get people's opinions whether you want them or not. I know what you are saying about the convenience factor, and a proper dyno tune will always be better then a 'mail order' tune (this depends on who/what shop is doing the tuning as well :p). Good luck with it, let us know how it all goes :thumbsup:

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
i just had mine done about 30 minutes ago, haha made 120.8 rwkw.. hmmm

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Tis' a really old thread mate, but thats cool :)

but greenfoam offers his tunes for $50 if u supply your memcal, or a $100 if he supplies the memcal

Why didn't this douche of an OP just pay the $100 if he didn't wanna send his memcal off? Stupid people.