Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone interested in making a ipad mount.and what they would want for one

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just found your vid :) Looks sick, how do you still have media controls? is your head unit behind the iPad?

Last edited by a moderator:

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Headunit is still behind. This fascia will clip into the headunit. All that is removed is the Old fascia.

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
It will be soon with a few little twists that have to remain secret until they are released :boxing:

Genecidal

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Ve SS V8
Eagerly awaiting this one, will it be universal for the ipad 1 & 2?? I'm easy I have both :)
When will this be available? How much??

Elektryx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV-Z Ute
Hey guys,

Is anyone aware of a series 2 kit available or that's in development???
I'm desperate to get rid of the IQ system as it shits me up the wall!! ONLY 999 tracks on usb?!?! CRAZY!!!

I have already looked at the touchscreen HVAC controller from overseas and doesn't look like too bad a option.
I'm also wondering if it's at all possible to use the quasi system with the factory controls as i can butcher the dash myself to make it all fit.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as i have a whole stack of top notch audio gear on its way and i really don't want to run it through a processor via high inputs... :doh:

Cheers,
Ben

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Go for a custom ipad mini install Mate
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/210818-ipad-mini-install.html
The touch screen HVAC controller is fine but IMO it is over priced and requires your attention while you drive (not very safe).
Remember you could sell your IQ system for quite a nice chunk of change and probably offset all of your costs.
Or you could custom fab a bracket in front of your IQ system and mount the iPad there talking to your HU via USB.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Go for a custom ipad mini install Mate
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/210818-ipad-mini-install.html
The touch screen HVAC controller is fine but IMO it is over priced and requires your attention while you drive (not very safe).
Remember you could sell your IQ system for quite a nice chunk of change and probably offset all of your costs.
Or you could custom fab a bracket in front of your IQ system and mount the iPad there talking to your HU via USB.

I was just going to say this !
You can fit an IQ unit to a series 1, and vice versa, you can fit a Series I headunit to a Series II model.

Using a touch screen for HVAC controls would be a real PITA, having to look down all the time to see what you were pressing.
Nice sturdy knobs and dials are much more user friendly.

Because you have a SSV, your IQ unit would have Sat-Nav, and would fetch close to $1000 with the fascia.
Which means money to play with to run a Series I solution such as the above iPad Mini, or Alpine system.