Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know how to put a POD Filter on a 1984 VK Executive??

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
if you did put a pod on the snout of the air cleaner wouldnt you take the original airfilter off? so it wouldnt restrict the air flow

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
err, yep, but already said...

D

dale751

yer puttin a pod filter on would be stupid in my opinion, have a look at my filter, it looks and works good, way better that the stock 1nz
100_0115.jpg

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
This may sound stupid, but whats the crome looking nob coming out of the top of ya engine block...? i want one lol...... mine is jsut an old bit of hose, so any ideas of how much they are, and where ya can easily get one from would be appreciated lol

Thanks

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
its a breather on the rocker cover, there's a few different types, but you'll need one if you go an aftermarket air filter cos there is nowhere to put the stock breather pipe

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
SiLeNt-SoN, that pipe coming out of your rocker cover is meant to goto the hole on the site of your air cleaner (big black or blue round thing). and imo dont put a pod filter on your vk carby! get a chrome airfilter like dale751 and a smaller filter/breather for the rocker cover.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Here's the setup we had on the VH wagon at one stage.

podfiltersetuponcarbyct0.jpg

My little bro fabricated a box out of metal that was just the right size to sit on top of the carby, there was a hole in the top so it could be screwed down tight using the same thread and bolt that the standard air cleaner uses.

Then there was a big hole for the pipe to come out of. We used some black corrigated flexible stuff (bout 3" in diameter), worked a treat. We didn't use a hose clamp for that end tho coz we used a different method which is really hard to explain, it was just something that was on the end of the pipe that made it really easy to hold it in.

Then lay the piping down to wherever u want it, then chuck ya pod on the end.

Simple. :)

We don't use it now tho coz my little bro has a EFI VK (PEAKN6), and I either want to use a chrome air filter, or the standard cold air induction setup....will decide wat I want when my motor is back 2gether.

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
ok cool, yeah was told that, but thought using a different type of pipe on top of the rocker cover may help the engine overall....!

Yeah im looking around on ebay now for some air filters, im in a **** arse town called inverell, and we only got supercheap and repco, they at the moment dont stock any air filters like mine, on ebay i have seen a few good ones, will have to try my luck!

Anyone know of inverell? lol

Thanks dudes

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Repco should be able to order what ever you need in for ya. Just ask em next time.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Repco are pretty crap anyways, well here they are. I also live in a small town but we have AutoPro, Repco & Sprint. :)