Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know the meaning of this sticker or its origin within my car?

Hayden Carrigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Sportwagon
Hi all, this post might be stupid but I removed some trim on my dash the other day and found this sticker near the VIN, i was curious if any of these codes meant anything in particular, it shows the time and date of production, is there anything else of significance? is this for a specific part i believe ONYX is the interior colour? i tried searching on the forums but I didn't know what to search for :p
IMG_4629.jpg

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There are stickers like that on lots of individual components on the car, mostly on interior parts and body panels that I've seen.
So I think it's just an ID tag for traceability. If a part is found to be defective while the car is being built it can be traced back to a batch on a particular machine.

Hayden Carrigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Sportwagon
There are stickers like that on lots of individual components on the car, mostly on interior parts and body panels that I've seen.
So I think it's just an ID tag for traceability. If a part is found to be defective while the car is being built it can be traced back to a batch on a particular machine.
ok thanks, that makes sense

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It indicates trim colour is onix. Your cars build date would be a few months around the about the date of the part it’s from there.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The R would be for RHD.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I like to keep these in a zip lock when I come across them in the car. They are kind of interesting.