Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone looking to get a new Clubsport or GTS might want to take a look at this!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
80% of p plater omega owners who've seen this are now at the bank applying for a $75,000 loan today.

I Blame you.

I will wait for the "I just bought this can I put it into this thread" :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Interesting there are no pics of before it was repaired in the add. I thought I might post this one up:

untitled.jpg

From what I understand GMH have categorically stated this car cannot be repaired (the insurer pushed very hard to fix it as you would expect) so I don't quite understand how the seller can claim to have fixed it to Holden standards. There was considerable damage to both the floor and roof not apparent in the photo.

Check out here: http://www.arro.org.au/_dbase_upl/iRescue_GM_Holden_24Jul10.pdf and think thru where the forces of that impact would have ended up. Not so hard to understand why it was written off. The VE is actually *very* strong and performs exceptionally well in a crash but the likelihood of it being binned after a crash is much higher too.

Reaper

Last edited:

AJT-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 [3.6L M6]
According to a Street Commodores thread from about 6 months ago, it sold at auction for $40,000 (damaged). Can't see them having repaired that for less than $35k, so they're surely looking at a loss on it.

Apparently it was t-boned by a 1984 Mitsubishi Nimbus (who ran a red light), and the original owner bought another white one (one of the last two available, and it was a 5000k demo).

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
According to a Street Commodores thread from about 6 months ago, it sold at auction for $40,000 (damaged). Can't see them having repaired that for less than $35k, so they're surely looking at a loss on it.

Apparently it was t-boned by a 1984 Mitsubishi Nimbus (who ran a red light), and the original owner bought another white one (one of the last two available, and it was a 5000k demo).

Pffft - $10k if that IMO for somebody in the trade. Not hard to make the outside look pretty.

Reaper

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
75 grand paddock basher right there.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6

Wow, he sure was lucky to find another '84 Nimbus with only 5000 k's on it...

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L